Campfires, music, nature, and making friends. That's the Bunk!
The Backpacker's Bunk is an experimental hostel part of Camp Bongopix - Whitney's newest and wackiest accommodations. It's perfect for all adventure seekers who flock to Algonquin Park. We love Airbnb and its travel philosophy so staying here you'll have a chance to hang out with other Algonquin Park Airbnb travelers.
We are extremely active hosts and we want to make sure that everyone who stays here will enjoy our hosting style. When you request to stay please tell us about yourself, why you want to stay here, and please include a thoughtful Airbnb profile. We get lots of requests and so these steps will help your inquiry stand out!
This listing includes one private room with a queen bed plus bathroom. Towels, pillows, soap and bedding is included. You also get free access to the COMMON ROOM - a vibrant space to relax after a long day of hiking. It is a shared space. Your private room is very basic so that guests are encouraged to mingle and hang out at the Common Room.
The Common Room includes: retro Hi-Fi turntable stereo, Arcade video game table, and a TV + VHS collection of movies. It is retro heaven! Board games are also included.
On busy weekends Bongo Mike and Andrea host events/parties at the Common Room and all guests are invited to join! If the weather is mild or warm then we always have a campfire with guitars, stories, marshmallows and drinks.
Snowshoes can be rented for $10 per day per pair. In the canoe season canoes rentals are $20 per day.
Servicios y zonas comunes
- FREE CAMPFIRE. We have free wood available for campfires. We have guitars and bongo drums so if you feel like having a jam and we're available - we should totally sing some songs!
- "CAMP Kitchen." SIMPLE meals only. When you cook here you must think like a true backpacker: improvise & be creative with your food. We have a table top element burner, mini kitchen sink, mini fridge, kettle, outdoor camp stove, pot, pan, and some random dishes. We challenge you to think outside of the box and make an amazing meal with limited supplies!
If you want a full kitchen then we recommend that you book a Bongopix cabin on Airbnb!
- Common Room goodies: drum kit, guitars, bongos, cassette player, tambourines, VCR, and a classic arcade machine. We love to play music so join in our jams! Our big weekly music jam is Saturday night 8pm-midnight.
- Waterfront. You can swim at our little beach or off our dock (no diving please - shallow water). We have canoes available for rent: $20 for the day. We are located in the town of Whitney and you can paddle directly into Algonquin Park from our dock.
- Porch. The Bunk has a wonderful roofed porch where you can relax - even if it's raining! You can also smoke on the porch - just not in the room please.
- Equipment rentals. We rent XC skis and snowshoes for $10/per/day. In the warm months we rent canoes for $20/canoe.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are EXTREMELY OUTGOING. We love meeting new people, exchanging stories, and sharing laughter. We have bonfires often and we like to gather all of our guests together. We promote a social atmosphere and we also encourage all of our guests to mingle with each other. Our favourite activity is to talk about Algonquin Park (Andrea works in Algonquin Park) and play music with our guests. Mike is a professional photographer so if you like photography let him know - he's always eager for nerdy photography chats! We are FULL of recommendations for activities if you have questions about what to do!!!
Otros aspectos destacables
We do not enforce "quiet hours." Campfire sing-a-longs go as long as the energy lasts. We have a "let the good times roll" philosophy when it comes to late night noise. The Bunk is designed to encourage you to meet, mix and mingle with fellow Algonquin Park adventurers. For this reason we do not have a noise curfew. If you are a light sleeper then we recommend to bring ear plugs. We have a live music jam every Saturday night beginning at 8pm. On a busy weekend the music can go as late as 1am-2am... so let the good times roll!
During busy weekends the Backpacker's Bunk has a hostel or "university dorm" atmosphere. For this reason it is best suited for younger and energetic travelers who want to mingle and hang out with other travelers. We allow dogs but we do not allow children. If you are a very light sleeper bringing ear plugs would be a good idea.
- Please conserve energy: when you check-out kindly set the room temperature to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Please remove your shoes in your room and in the Common Room.
- You can be loud in the Common Room until 12am (midnight)
- If you have a dog please keep it well brushed, well behaved, and well maintained.
- Smoking is allowed, just outside please!
- Be kind and rewind, and have fun!
Este anfitrión tiene 678 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
I've traveled around the world and lived many places but Algonquin Park is where I want to be for the rest of my life. I love nature! I'm a photographer, artist, musician, and a dedicated Airbnb host. Welcome to Camp Bongopix!
My motto: march to the beat of your own drum. My wife Andrea and I are positive, happy people that always look on the bright side of life. We love life when it rains and when it shines. We share our enthusiasm for life by playing music every day.
My goal is to host enthusiastic travelers who appreciate the simple things in life. When you request to stay at any of our cabins/rooms please take the time to write a thoughtful message. It always helps to have a decent airbnb profile. We get lots of requests so I advise to make yours stand out!