A unique country-house, surrounded by orange groves, with great views over the ancient ruins of Tiryns, a mycenean citadel, and Palamidi, the imposing castle of Nafplion.
Welcome to our home away from home! This is our country house, built initially by my father-in-law for his family, and renovated by us. He was a farmer by profession, so the house is located in the middle of an orange grove with uniterrupted views to the town of Napflion and its imposing castle, Palamidi, while the ruins of ancient Tiryns are literally a stone-throw away.
The house is spacious and can easily accommodate two families with kids: - It has two bedrooms with double beds and a kids' bedroom with a bunkbed and two fold-out beds. The living room sofa can also be turned into a double bed. There is one spacious bathroom with a bath-tub and a shower and a smaller WC with a shower hose. The washing machine, which you are welcome to use, is in the main bathroom.
- It has a large dining table that can accommodate twelve guests plus a kitchen table with six extra chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped and we also keep some staples for your convenience (olive oil, vinegar, herbs, pasta, ceral, coffee, tea, sugar). There is a Nespresso machine for your coffee, kettle, microwave oven, toaster and juicer. The kitchen has a dishwasher so you don't have to argue about who's going to wash up.
- There are two living rooms, which I call the 'upper' and the 'lower'. The upper living room has a fireplace and is slightly elevated, so that it has a great vista. The lower living room is for kids, where they can play with their friends.
-The house has a solar boiler, so hot water is available when it's sunny but there is also an electrical boiler for cloudy days (which are admittedly rare). There is free wi-fi and you can make calls within Greece free of charge. It is fully air-conditioned and heated.
- The house has two spacious verandas, one in the front and one in the back.
- We provide maps, guide books and leaflets for Nafplion and the Peloponnese.
_Bed linen and towels are provided but no beach towels.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests have full access to the whole house and the orange grove that belongs to it. You are more than welcome to help yourself to the fresh oranges when in season. Kids and pets are free to roam among the trees.
Please note that the house is accessed by a flight of stairs, which might be a problem for some people.
Atención a los huéspedes
As we permanently live in Athens, we are sorry that we are not able to welcome you in person. However, our next-door neighbour, Maria, is always there, happy to greet you, hand you the keys and help you with any practicalities. We have a network of close friends in the area, who are willing to help you with an emergency, while I am available 24/7 via phone or e-mail, ready to assist you with anything you might need: sightseeing, beaches, restaurants, day-trips-you name it!
This is our second home, which we use ourselves for week-end breaks or longer holidays. We would therefore ask you to treat it with the same respect that you would expect for your own home.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the house but you are free to smoke outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed inside the house but can stay outside in the farm.
- Please make sure that you turn off all lights, electric appliances, air-condition units and radiators when you leave the house.