Located in a "walker’s paradise" (walk score=90) 2 blocks from shops/food/public transportation and 3 steps down, our lower flat is outfitted for long-/short-term stays. It includes kitchen, laundry, comfy living/sleeping spaces etc...(read detailed description and check amenities for specifics, please.)
- Infants and children count as guests (see "Additional House Rules" for specifics.)
- Up to 2 dogs w/ $20 fee for 1st + $10 for 2nd & pre-approval (see "Other Things to Note" for details.)
2 Bedrooms (1 queen bed, 1 full bed) + pull out daybed (can be used as twin or king)
Read House Manual upon arrival, including check out instructions
- Check in: after 3:00 pm/Check out: by 11:00 am
- Inform me of approximate check in/out times
- SHOES OFF in the flat
- Follow CITY OF SEATTLE MANDATORY garbage/recycling/composting laws or $50 fine may result.
- Keep apartment tidy: wipe spills (use the cleaning spray!), sweep up messes, do dishes
- prior to checking out: follow posted check out instructions.
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm-8:00am. No loud talking, TV or music.
- OFFICIAL GUESTS ONLY in apartment. Pre-arranged with host if you wish to have others over.
- NO parties/NO events!
- NO animals allowed in unit unless pre-arranged with owner
- Maximum of 6 pre-arranged people overnight, UNLESS ARRANGED AT BOOKING. $20 per each extra person/night beyond 4.
- Smoking OUTSIDE ONLY by the fire pit or alley. Dispose of cigarette butts in OUTSIDE garbage.
- Leave books, magazines, VHS/DVDs; electronics, small appliances, hair dryer, etc... in unit. You will be charged if they go missing.
- Pets: ONLY PRE-SCREENED DOGS ALLOWED IN THE APARTMENT AND ON THE PROPERTY. THIS MUST BE DONE AT BOOKING. (See "Other Things to Note" for specific charges/fees/fines.)
CHILDREN/INFANTS are welcome, but SPACE IS NOT 100% child-proofed. They are considered guests. Please include them in head-count during booking due to their large "footprint" (water usage, wear and tear on apartment, set up and use of child furniture/linens, garbage impact with disposable diapers, etc.) If an infant pushes the total guest count above 4, a daily $5 surcharge will be added to cover the costs. We supply: socket covers, cabinet locks, and a baby gate for the stairway. Please bring other child-proofing supplies as needed. Be aware of sharp corners, the steps in entry area, HOT FIREPLACE, decorations at child-level, etc… Pack 'N Play and high chair available upon request. P-n-P linens available, BUT laundry detergent is NOT "baby" detergent. No baby blankets provided.
Fred and I are originally from the Midwest, and like many around here, moved to Seattle because of our love of the outdoors. We fell in love with the area and have lived in Seattle for more than 20 years, the last 10+ have been in Wallingford. We love to share our passions for hiking, biking, climbing, skiing, local food, activities and tasty beverages with our visitors.
I am a former public educator and Fred is in the tech industry. While I try to figure out what I am going to be “when I grow up” I am creating, traveling, cooking, and learning. Our adventures in the past few years have taken us from Australia to cities surrounding the Adriatic Sea. One of our favorite memories is from Montenegro, where we hiked to a small farm outside the city walls. We sat for an afternoon, eating meat, cheese and bread made on the farm and getting to know the owners.
That is our favorite way to travel… finding a small, cozy location and using it as a “home base” to get to know the local culture, including local delicacies, people, and past times. We hope to give you a similar experience and that you make our flat your “home base” in Seattle.