Relax at Climbing Vine Cottage-- a custom-designed yurt nestled in an organic vegetable and perennial flower garden near our home. The yurt features a fully equipped, eat-in kitchen (includes chocolate and award winning, locally roasted coffee) with seating for 6. The bathroom is stocked with towels, local soap, shampoo, etc. Sleeping accommodations include a lovely master bedroom (full size bed) with flat screen tv for dvds, fold out futon bed in the living room (full size) and two twin beds in the loft. The stone patio offers outdoor dining, a gas grill and fire pit. The wildflower field, only steps away, connects to a nature preserve and Van Buskirk Gorge with many waterfalls.Guests are welcome to harvest berries, fruit and vegetables from the orchard and garden. There are eggs in the hen house to enjoy. High speed wireless internet is also included.
The yurt is only 12 minutes south of Ithaca but you can do and see a lot before you even get into your car. Explore the wild flower field or play ball on the game and party field. Walk a trail through the forest or hike down to the gorge to see ice carved waterfalls. You don't have to go far to experience the wonder of the Finger Lakes Region. Up the road you'll find great fruit picking and cider doughnuts at Little Tree Orchards or go two miles further and drive through Newfield's Historic Covered Bridge.
Climbing Vine Cottage is the perfect spring board for day trips to the Grassroots Festival and the Ithaca Festival, the Wine Trail, our award winning Ithaca Farmer's Market, great hiking and biking, the beautiful Cayuga Lake, the Sciencenter, world famous gorges and waterfalls, Greek Peak, great dining, the Ithaca Commons and international events sponsored by Cornell and Ithaca College. Experience what makes our region unique!
We hope you'll love staying at the yurt. We welcome you to harvest eggs at the hen house, gather berries or vegetables in the garden or pick fruit in the orchard.
If you're coming in the winter months you might like to bring slippers since the yurt stays cozy but the floor can be chilly!
• Check in anytime after 4:00 PM. Check out by 11:00AM. We may allow for earlier arrivals as long as previous guests have checked out and the yurt has been thoroughly cleaned.
• Pets: We are sorry, but we do not allow pets in the yurt or garden. Occasional exceptions, pet fee applies.
• Rates: Rates may increase during college graduation weekends and at other especially busy times.
• Smoking: Our yurt and garden is a smoke-free environment. If you do smoke please do so outside the garden and put your butts in the garbage or your pocket (not on the ground).
• Cleaning/Damages: A $50 cleaning fee applies for all stays. Additional charges apply only if guests leave property in exceptionally bad condition. Guests are responsible for any damage to property (beyond regular wear and tear) or missing items.
Durante el período del 01 de Septiembre de 2017 - 30 de Noviembre de 2017 la estancia mínima es de 2 noches.
I grew up on this land and know the area very well. I'm happy to offer information about wineries, museums, state parks, great restaurants and the local music scene. As a mom of two (ages 7 and 2 1/2) I'm especially hip to fabulous kid-friendly options in our area.