This place was beautiful and serene - such a great time for all of us! We went with a group of 9 friends, and we had everything we needed. There is air conditioning and a lovely pool. The group areas are great to hang out in, and the rooms were all comfortable and clean.
A few things to know before you go!
- This is an actual BnB that the hosts list on AirBnB, so it does have all amenities such as towels, coffee, etc.
- However, for the AirBnB listing, there are extra charges for extra towels (5 euro apiece) coffee pods (1 euro for 2), etc. The price is great on this place in terms of value for money, so it's not a big deal but is something good to know!
- It's also extra to use the bathtubs (Italy was in a drought) which isn't the case with an actual BnB booking.
- The kitchen has everything you need to cook for a group, with tons of pots, pans, dishes, etc. Veronica kindly let us use olive oil, seasonings, etc. just with the promise that we would replace them if we used them up. We did need to buy extra toilet paper and paper towels.
- As is typical in Italy, there are no screens on the windows, etc. We bought bug spray and were just fine!
- If you'd like to have Veronica and her team cook meals for you, you can! You just have to let her know what days/times ahead of schedule. We didn't know this and brought it up to her too late. However, the villa is very close to a grocery with great prices, and has 2 refrigerators in the kitchen, so meals were not a problem.
- The location is WONDERFUL - on a beautiful hill in the quiet countryside. A bit hard to find in the dark the first time (put the BnB name into (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) maps, Il Casale di Santamettole, instead of the actual address, and you won't have trouble.) It's close to the highway to get into Florence - sometimes there is traffic but it doesn't take very long to get in and out of the city.
All in all, a great choice for a group of friends or a big family! Thank you again Veronica. :)