Enjoy a peaceful rustic retreat on a 25-acre working farm minutes from the beach, skiing at Mt. Washington, mountainbiking in Cumberland, and nearby restaurants, craft breweries and shopping. Amenities include outdoor hot tub, forested walking trails and gym. **Please note, this is a family farm, not appropriate for partygoers.**
We appreciate our guests following these rules to ensure the safety and well being of our farm animals, workers, land, and food production.
1) This is strictly a non-smoking property, including the forest.
2) if you pass through a closed gate, please be sure to close it again behind you. (This helps keeps farm animals in and wild animals out.)
3) There are numerous farm workers living on the property. Please be respectful of their privacy and do not enter their living spaces.
4) the tree house in the willow tree is off limits.
5) Please do not enter the vegetable gardens or harvest fruit or vegetables without obtaining permission.
6) Quiet time is 10 pm - please be respectful of the early-rising farmers needing their beauty sleep. This rule can be negotiated with at least two days notice, in the case of special events onsite.
7) We respectfully request that guests practice water conservation, particularly during summer months. (In particular, please keep showers to less than 5 minutes and please do not leave taps running.) Our water source is a shallow well and care needs to be taken to ensure that water is not used in excess during the dry season.
8) Out of respect for future guests who may have allergies, we have a firm no pets policy. Thank you for your understanding!
Este anfitrión tiene 23 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
As cliche as it sounds, I just really love being outdoors. I feel most alive when surrounded by big trees, tall mountains, open fields, gurgling rivers, ocean spray.... I lived in Hawaii for 13 years and fell in love with open ocean outrigger canoe and surfski racing, but have largely traded in my paddles for my mountain bike after moving back to Canada. These days life pretty much revolves around my two lovely and energetic daughters, who are teaching me more each day than my schooling for my advanced degrees ever did! Our very favourite thing to do is to explore and search for any of the thousands of gorgeous, secret river swimming holes around Vancouver Island.