Información sobre este anuncio
Stay in this charming cottage on a beach front property. Our guests appreciate privacy and quiet in a lush tropical garden with a paved path to the beach. The Cottage is fully equipped with all you need for self-catering, although we do have a B@B option. There is lots to do in the area, both during the day or experience the restaurants and night life of Watamu. Or just lounge around the pool and chill.
On arrival we will give you a guide book
Guests must have a lot of fun
Puedes cancelar hasta 5 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso completo, incluidas las tarifas de servicio.
Este anfitrión tiene 59 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
I am a Nature Lover and believe the only way we as a human race can survive is by respecting our environment.
To pay the bills I consult to Entrepreneurial Companies providing energy, water and food to African Communities.
Our Watamu property is a member of the local environment protection group "Watamu Marine Association". As members we are required to demonstrate a commitment to preserve our incredible piece of Paradise, and for example these are some of the things we do:
- all plastic, aluminium and glass containers are taken to the WMA recycling centre
- all organic waste is composted on site and returned eventually to the gardens
- we allow the last remaining wildlife such as monkeys, bush babies, owls, hedgehogs, insects, geckos, snakes, monitor lizards and other creatures to visit us. The feral cats control the rodent population and our free range chickens eat scorpions, cockroaches and centipedes keeping these populations down. Wasps are encouraged that eat the larva of the millipede that in turn loves to eat the palm thatched roofs
- participate on beach clean up operations
- support local artisans and suppliers
- buy local fish and fruit
- harvest rain water
- pay our staff above the minimum wage
In Nanyuki our house is completely off the grid and we:
- recycle all waste
- use solar power
- store rainwater in large underground tanks
- employ local artisans
- support the community safety and security efforts through our membership of the Mount Kenya Community Project
- engage with a local farmer for grazing rights on our property
- have a low water requirement garden
Our guests will have a chance to experience these initiatives when they visit us!