The Riverwalk Retreat is a cozy upstairs room in a warm brick home. A 30-seconds drive (10min walk) down the road leads you to the breathtaking views of the Riverwalk Park, where you can walk, run, sun, swim, and picnic on the Broad River. When you're there, you won't believe a bustling city lies just miles away.
The room features two dreamy twin beds, storage space, window AC, strong Wi-Fi, and more. Guests from across the US and the world have enjoyed The Riverwalk Retreat, and you will, too.
Once you've arrived, you'll instantly notice how secluded The Riverwalk Retreat bedroom feels from the rest of the house. Original hardwood floors warm up the whole room. The laptop-friendly workspace sits in a oak tree-shaded dormer and provides a quiet place for you keep up with your digital business and leisure. There's an HDTV with Spectrum TV Gold (225+ channels, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.) and Amazon Prime on a Roku (you can sign into your Netflix/Hulu/cable/satellite account).
The detached bathroom, which is cleaned daily, has a relaxing shower-head with the option to take a soothing bath in the tub. Towels, wash cloths, soap, shampoo, hair dryer, iron, etc. are all included.
The living room has two comfy couches and a cushy recliner that tends to lead to naps, as well as an HDTV with Spectrum TV Gold (225+ channels, DVR, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.) and a Roku with Amazon Prime (and you can sign into your Netflix/Hulu/cable/satellite account).
Note: If you'd like to rent out the entire upstairs (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 4 twin beds, 4 guests), please book this listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20224289
Servicios y zonas comunes
Your stay includes access to all common areas, including the living room, kitchen, and laundry room. You'll have a place to park your vehicle.
Help yourself to a breakfast sandwich, fruit, and coffee to start your morning.
The only off-limit areas are the dining room (which is under renovation), the downstairs bathroom (which is mine), and any bedroom besides The Riverwalk Retreat.
Atención a los huéspedes
I'm glad to answer any questions you have about your stay, and I prefer to give my guests a lot of space. You'll typically only see me cleaning your bathroom or cooking in the kitchen, unless you need assistance, of course! If I'm not working or asleep, I'll respond immediately to your text or call.
Otros aspectos destacables
Your bathroom is only shared if a guest is booked in the other upstairs bedroom the same nights as you. It is cleaned daily regardless.
I have five simple rules:
1. Lock the front door as you come and go.
2. You may consume alcohol responsibly, but there are no illegal drugs and no smoking allowed in the house. You may smoke outside so long as you properly dispose of cigarette butts.
3. Be mindful of water and electricity usage: turn off your lights and window AC unit when you depart the home for the day, and don't leave the water running when you're not using it.
4. Come and go as you please as long as you operate at a reasonably low volume after 10pm. Be mindful of TV volume and use an inside voice.
5. Kitchen etiquette: You're welcome to use the kitchen and cookware to cook your groceries, but please clean up any mess you make, wash your dishes when you're done (I make sure they're clean for everyone to use), and do not pour grease down the sink drain. You may use a reasonable amount of refrigerator and pantry space to store your food.
I charge a low security deposit, so please be mindful of your use of the common areas. Thank you!
This is my sixth year in Columbia, and I work as a consultant doing geeky stuff. Rachel was born in Myrtle Beach, SC, and she is a performer and vocal trainer. Despite owning two cats, we're to be married soon.
We have enjoyed hosting many travelers from around the USA and the world. We have hosted International students, families re-locating to the Columbia metro, and folks in town to visit events in downtown Columbia, Fort Jackson, and even Lake Murray.
Some of our favorite shows are Game of Thrones, Fringe, Peaky Blinders, House of Cards, and stuff like that. We like to grill anything and sip on dark reds and IPAs. I love Airbnb because it's a great example of American freedom!