Información sobre este anuncio
Cosy, renovated two bedroom cottage in the picturesque town of Wentworth Falls. 95km from Sydney, it is the perfect location for a relaxing getaway and exploring all the Blue Mountains has to offer. Enjoy the quiet street and leafy backyard oasis
*Spring has well and truly sprung in the Blue Mountains, with events like the Leura Gardens Festival providing the perfect opportunity to see some of the fabulous local gardens in bloom. Take advantage of the warmer weather and go for leisurely bushwalks, window shop in Leura and enjoy a packed lunch under the blossoms on the main street or find a table outdoors at one of the many cafes or pubs for lunch*
Our cottage is situated on a wide, leafy and peaceful street, between the Wentworth Falls Golf Course and Wentworth Falls Lake. The quaint, cosy house is the perfect location for a relaxing getaway.
Having been completely renovated inside, it boasts all of the modern conveniences needed for your stay, including:
- Two generous bedrooms. The main has a queen bed while the second room has a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and single on top.
- Bathroom with spa bath and shower and a continuous flow hot water system
- Two outdoor entertaining areas for you to relax on and soak up the peace and quiet, including a large covered deck with a BBQ and outdoor table and chairs.
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioning to keep you cool in Summer and a large gas heater to warm the house during the colder months
- A flat screen TV and DVD player, with a collection of movies for you to watch
- Full laundry facilities, including a washing machine, dryer and outdoor clothesline
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, oven, gas stovetop, and kettle
- The house is set on a quarter acre block with an extensive, private yard with many different fruit trees. There is plenty of open space for children or your fur babies (or yourself!) to run around in
We are happy to answer all your inquiries so don't hesitate to email us.
Please note minimum 2 night stay required.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Whole house for rent.
Atención a los huéspedes
Guests will have whole house to themselves however we are very happy to answer any and all questions and provide recommendations for things to do in the local area.
Wentworth Falls is a charming small village located in the Blue Mountains. Situated 867 metres above sea level, it is 95km from Sydney via the Great Western Highway.
It is best known for its excellent bushwalks, sweeping views across the Jamieson Valley, and its beautiful waterfalls. It is also less crowded then the popular neighbouring towns of Leura and Katoomba.
The house is situated about a 25 min walk from the train station so it is best to have a car to explore all that the blue mountains has to offer.
There are so many things to see and do in the local area. Here are some of our favourites:
- Go to brunch at one of the many cafes in the local areas. Ones with open fires are particularly great in Winter, such as Blue Mist Cafe
- Go for a bushwalk and take in the beautiful scenery (we recommend the Charles Darwin Walk and Wentworth Falls. The Three Sisters at Echo Point is also very popular)
- Play a game of golf at Wentworth Falls Golf Club and have a drink afterwards at the club house.
- Walk down to the lake and have a picnic. There is also play equipment to keep the children entertained. If you have light water crafts such as kayaks you are also welcome to take them out on the lake (swimming is not recommended however).
- Sit out on the deck with a glass of wine, and soak in the peace and quiet over a BBQ
- Catch a movie on the super-sized screen at The Edge Cinema
- Grab some vintage bargains shopping in one of the many antique stores in the mountains, including Rotate Interiors at Wentworth Falls
- Go window shopping in Leura
- Check out some of the beautiful gardens open to the public, including Everglades Historic House & Gardens
- Go for a horse ride in scenic Megalong Valley at Centennial Glen Stables. Make sure to grab a hot apple pie from Logan Brae Orchard on your way home, they are truly the best! The Megalong Valley Tea Rooms also offers beautiful views of the area
- Jump on one of the hop-on, hop-off sightseeing buses or trams and check out the local scenery.
- Soak away your troubles at the Blue Mountains Sparadise Japenese Garden & Bathhouse located in Katoomba. You can also add a massage to your visit for the ultimate in relaxation.
Wentworth Falls is the perfect base from which to explore the Blue Mountains and beyond. Some events and excursions you may want to consider are:
- Wines of the West Festival, held at the Carrington Hotel in Katoomba. Generally held around Australia Day in January, this annual festival brings together the best winemakers from Orange and other local regions.
- Leura Gardens Festival, held in the first week of October. See the main street of Leura come alive with beautiful blossoms, and get the chance to visit numerous gardens that are generally closed to the public.
- Christmas in July/Yulefest. Come and celebrate Christmas in the cold, with many restaurants putting on entertainment and Yuletide menus for the occasion, complete with roaring fires.
- Winter Magic Festival in Katoomba. Held every year around Winter solstice, this much anticipated community-run festival sees the main streets closed off to traffic and come alive with musicians, dancers, choirs, drummers and more.
- Blue Mountains Music Festival. A three day festival of Folk, Blues and Roots held in Katoomba and featuring a variety of local and international artists. Generally held in March.
- The Roaring 20’s & all that Jazz at the Carrington Hotel. Spend a weekend in February reliving the decadent roaring 20’s, with history tours, a Mad Hatters Tea Party and a ball in the Grand Dining Room.
- Truffle hunting at Lowes Mount Truffles. During truffle season, in June, July and August, join a truffle hunt with the friendly owners and their truffle dogs and enjoy the spoils at a picnic lunch afterwards.
- Jenolan Caves. ~90 minutes drive from Wentworth Falls, award-winning Jenolan Caves is Australia’s most outstanding cave system – and amongst the finest in the world. There are kilometres of spectacular caves, underground rivers and crystal formations to explore.
- Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah. This spectacular cool climate garden features thousands of plants from the southern hemisphere and around the world and boasts stunning panoramic views. There is also a range of dining options, including a kiosk and restaurant.
- Wine tasting in Orange. Over the mountains is the charming country town of Orange. Famous for its wine, there is no shortage of great wineries to visit.
- It is approximately a 2 hour drive to Sydney CBD or a relaxing train ride, making a day trip to the city and harbour very doable
The options are endless really!
Our house is located only 5 minutes drive from Wentworth Falls village. If you arriving by public transport, you can take any of the mountains line trains to Wentworth Falls station. It is then either a vigorous ~25 minute walk or a quick taxi ride to the house. There is also a bus available, which stops only 5 minutes walk from the house. This is also great if you want to explore the neighbouring towns of Leura and Katoomba. Note it does take a very scenic route to get to these areas, however the trip itself is a great way to see the mountains and admire the beautiful greenery and gardens along the way.
Otros aspectos destacables
Well behaved pets welcome. We have two dogs of our own and we know a holiday isn't the same without your four-legged family members. Please email us with details first before booking. Note pets are allowed inside but not on the furniture or in the bedrooms.
We ask that all guests show the same consideration and care when staying in our house as you would in your own home. No smoking allowed inside. We also ask that people respect our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum. Finally we have wi-fi available on the new fibre optic NBN service for unlimited internet.
Puedes cancelar hasta 7 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso del 50 %, más las tarifas de servicio.
Este anfitrión tiene 14 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Hi, I'm Matt. I'm 34 and live with my wife, our baby girl and two rescue dogs in the Inner West suburb of Newtown. I love being able to host people from all over the world and share the best parts of Sydney with them, to ensure they have the holiday they really want. I am here to answer any and all questions so don't hesitate to get in touch. I hope to meet you soon!