Come enjoy western NC while staying on our tranquil, wooded property. Spacious and private, Fletcher House is centrally located to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore Estate & more. Lounge on the porch with a good book or a cocktail. Play some lawn games in our huge yard--kids and dogs love it too. Prepare a feast using our full kitchen and outdoor grill. Breathe in the crisp, cool mountain air. With a mix of quaint charm and modern convenience, Fletcher House is one of a kind!
We are centrally located to many of the popular area attractions:
~5 Minutes to Pisgah View Ranch
~20 Minutes to The Farm (wedding/event venue)
~20 Minutes to Blue Ridge Parkway (via 151)
~30 Minutes to Downtown Asheville
~30 Minutes to Biltmore Estate
~45 Minutes to Sliding Rock, Looking Glass Falls, Pisgah Nat'l Forest
~50 Minutes to Great Smoky Mountains National Park
~50 Minutes to Bailey Mountain Bike Park
~60 Minutes to Lake Lure/Chimney Rock
~60 Minutes to Brevard
Enjoy the peace and beauty of western North Carolina while staying in an authentic Appalachian vacation home! Built and owned by the same family since 1960, Fletcher House is cozy and equipped with all the essentials for a comfortable stay. Our home features original hardwood floors, 2 sizable porches, 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths. Uniquely decorated with a mix of comfortable, modern furniture and vintage pieces our great-grandmother purchased from local estate sales. Recently updated with new kitchen appliances and a 50" LED TV. We have satellite TV and satellite internet.
*As you can see from the photos, bedrooms 4 and 5 are adjoining, with the bathroom located directly off of bedroom 4*
PLEASE NOTE: Our occupancy limits are non-negotiable (maximum 10 guests). Additionally, the property can only accommodate a MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) VEHICLES at any time.
**WINTER RENTALS: We only have central heat on the first floor of the house (queen bedroom, bedroom with two twins, one full bath, and all common areas). Upstairs has heaters in both bathrooms to use while you shower and we have plenty of blankets for nighttime. Space heaters are prohibited.**
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests have access to the entire house except for a couple of locked supply closets. Although guests will have physical access to the entire basement, for safety reasons we ask that you stay away from our tools and machinery.
Atención a los huéspedes
Our long time caretaker and his wife live on the next property over. Additionally, we work with Fusco's concierge service and they can assist you if you need help during your stay. I (Roy) am always available by phone as well.
Otros aspectos destacables
We have satellite internet (Exede) since we are too far from a main road to have a wired, high-speed connection. There are limitations with satellite internet; we have a data limit set by our provider and weather can sometimes influence the strength of the signal.
In the living room, there is a 50" TV with DVD and lots of satellite channel options. There is a second small TV with DVD only in the upstairs master bedroom. Please plan to bring your own DVDs. We have a land line but it is for local or incoming calls only (you'll get the phone number after you book). Cell service is spotty on our property.
~Maximum home occupancy at any time may not exceed 8 people.
~No more than 3 cars are allowed on our property at any time.
~NO OVERNIGHT GUESTS (aside from guests included in rental)
~Pet friendly, but 1 dog maximum
~No fireworks, please
~Reservation holder must be present throughout entire stay (i.e.- can't book on behalf of someone else)
Our home and many of the items in it are very special to our family, we know our guests will treat it with the same care that we do. Please review our full rental rules and agreement to be sure we are the right rental for you and your group :)
COMPLETE RENTAL RULES AND AGREEMENT:
1. Guest agrees to abide by these Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
2. Guests must comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
3. Minimum age for guest: We require the responsible party to be at least 25 years of age at the time of booking. We do not accept rentals made by parents on behalf of their children under the age of 25. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of lodging
payment(s) and the party will not be permitted to check-in or evicted if already at the property.
4. Owner may choose to evict with the support of local law enforcement any guest who violates these rules and/or otherwise creates a nuisance or safety risk to our property.
5. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon check-in, guests must notify owner immediately.
6. Check-in will be no earlier than 3pm, and check-out no later than 11am. Additional fees will be charged for any unauthorized late check-outs.
7. Smoking is only allowed outside away from house. Guests must properly dispose of cigarette butts.
8. Open fires are prohibited anywhere on property except for in fireplace or grill
9. Fireworks are prohibited
10. Firearms are prohibited
11. Candles, incense, and other sources of open flame are prohibited
12. Only the guests listed and included in your confirmed reservation
may stay overnight in the property. Any daytime visitors to the property are the sole responsibility of Guest. Total home occupancy cannot at any time exceed 8 persons of any age, including daytime visitors.
13. Fletcher House is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is
agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
14. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
15. Only use appliances for their intended uses
a. The grill is a charcoal grill with a propane starter. If you do not have sufficient knowledge of this functionality, do not use it. The renter is responsible for supplying the propane and charcoal. Lighter / starter fluid is prohibited.
b. Do not use anything other than the approved cleanser on the ceramic stovetop.
16. PETS are permitted only with prior written approval of the owner (message us), and with payment of nonrefundable pet fee of $75. Pet owners must adhere to the following:
a. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
b. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Excessive pet hair left on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
c. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival (if you do a monthly treatment, it just needs to be current). If a pet causes a flea infestation, guest may be charged for related pest control costs.
d. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages occur, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
e. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
f. Pet will not be left unattended for long periods of time, either indoors or out.
g. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
h. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
17. Technology Disclosure: While all efforts are made to maintain our satellite TV and internet services in good working order, we cannot guarantee the quality, performance, or connectivity of either service. There are limitations with satellite internet, and streaming services (Netflix, etc.) may not be supported by our connection. Guests will not be refunded if either service malfunctions or does not perform to guest expectations.
PARKING – Parking is limited to 3 two-axle, passenger vehicles. RVs, campers, and trailers are prohibited. Vehicles are to be parked in 2 designated parking areas only: 1) In paved driveway area adjacent to kitchen door; 2) on grass outside of basement garage door.
Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Park with care, guests may be charged for any damage to the grounds and property caused by vehicles during their stay.
19. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While a set of linens and a bath towel for each guest are included in each rental, laundry service is not provided and not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels for use at sliding rock and other similar area attractions. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
20. Fireplace: The fireplace is wood-burning only. Lighter fluid and other flammable liquids are prohibited. Firewood is not included in the rental. Contact owner to arrange wood for your stay. Transporting untreated wood from another location is prohibited. This practice spreads invasive insects that destroy forests, and we are located within the boundaries of a
federally-protected National Forest.
21. Water and Septic: The house is on both well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. Occasionally, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT flush anything other than small amounts of toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
If it is found that the system is clogged through guest misuse, you could be charged damages of up to $350.
22. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner or their appointed representative access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
23. Cancellation Policy: Please refer to Air bnb's cancellation policy.
24. Insurance: If interested, guests may purchase additional trip insurance from a carrier of their choosing.
a. If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical
Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical
Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical
Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive,
and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning
is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is
scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
b. We do not offer refunds due to poor road conditions. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months.
My grandparents, Ruby and Furman Fletcher, built this vacation home in 1960. I help manage it with their great-grandchildren who have retained ownership of this special place. We have been renting it out to family friends for decades, and last year we started renting to travelers through online platforms like Airbnb.