Bring your friends and pitch a tent!
Choose from the following:
PRIMITIVE (this listing): Go off-grid for just $10/tent.
UTILITY (see other listings): Set up near electric and water hook-ups for $15/tent.
GLAMPSITE (see other listing): Pitch your tent or hammock on the covered porch, includes water and electric.
All tent sites are an additional $5 for each person over the age of 15.
No Pets, please!
- PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING
- Kids 15 and under are free. Don't include them in your headcount for booking, but we do like to know how many kids to expect via message.
- The bath-house is available from April through October (or whenever temperatures are predicted to remain above freezing for an extended period of time). It features 4 flushing toilets and 2 solar-heated showers. We do provide toilet paper, but not towels or toiletries. For our winter guests, we built two outhouses (one near the Yome and one in the RV/Treehouse area), but showers will not be available during the winter months.
- For your convenience, there is a courtesy kitchen with appliances (fridge, stove, oven, microwave, coffee-maker, sink, some dishes) and a telephone that you are welcome to use. THE FARM DOES NOT HAVE CELL SERVICE OR WIFI.
- We have several fire-pits on the farm for guests to use. Please use these designated areas and do not make your own. We have firewood for sale, but you are also welcome to collect your own for free from the 80 acres of forest surrounding our farm.
- Please leave your pets at home. In addition to the native wildlife, we have dogs, cats, chickens, and a rooster to keep you company. If we're overstocked, the refrigerator in the courtesy kitchen sometimes has farm-fresh eggs available!
- We have a small playground with swings for the kids (and kids at heart). We also have two disc golf baskets and discs plus cornhole and a croquet set you are welcome to set up. If you're feeling adventurous, our canoe is available for rent (please bring life jackets). We also have a 1.5 mile hiking loop on the property and several side trails.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Recycling and composting bins are available on the farm, but trash must be taken with you when you leave since we do not have regular trash service on the farm.
- Clean up after yourself. If you cook in the kitchen, do not leave dirty dishes that can attract critters (we have enough of those out here).
- We are in a DRY part of the county so if you enjoy an evening libation, we highly recommend that you BYO - the nearest liquor store is 20 minutes away in Richmond.
- Be respectful and responsible. Fireworks and guns are not permitted. Loud, belligerent drunkenness won't be tolerated. Have fun, but don't be disorderly. Remember, this is our home and we want it to be yours when you visit.
Cancela hasta 7 días antes de tu viaje y obtén un reembolso del 50 %. Cancela en los 7 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la reserva.
Este anfitrión tiene 138 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Prepare to UNPLUG. No cell service, no wifi, just nature, (but you can still find us on the ol' book o' faces and )!
HomeGrown HideAways is a hundred-acre holler near Berea, Ky. It is owned and operated by Nathan & Jessa Turner, Jessa's mom, and a variety of pets and wildlife.
All guests have access to our courtesy kitchen which has a telephone, COFFEE, and all major appliances (oven, stove, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, and a few dishes). It's nothing glamorous, but it can beat trying to cook on a fire in the rain! If you make arrangements ahead of time, Nathan is a chef and can prepare breakfast ($10-15/person) and/or dinner ($25-30/person) - just let us know! (We encourage you to go into Berea for some of the great lunch offerings there!).
We have hiking trails, several fire pits, and a neighbor's pond for swimming. You can also rent our canoe, but will need to bring life jackets and be able to strap it to your vehicle. One of these days, we'll get around to getting our bikes repaired and you can borrow those as well. We do not have tv, internet, or cell reception. There are as many stars as there are bugs so come prepared for both!
The farm's bath house is open from April through October (or whenever temps remain above freezing for an extended period of time) and features 4 flush toilets and 2 solar-heated showers. Winter guests can use one of our two, luxurious outhouses, but won't have access to showers.
We ask that you leave your pets at home, but you are welcome to snuggle ours (except that rooster - he's a mean one!). The neighbor dogs are likely to come greet you as well, so let us know if they get too friendly and we'll take them back home. :)
We love sharing our beautiful farm and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!