The Modern Alpine Studio is a custom designed guest house, part of an 11-acre property backing up to the Tahoe National Forest in Alpine Meadows. There is direct access to hiking, mountain bike trails, snowshoeing and back country skiing and close access to horse stables, Five Lakes Trailhead, paved bike trails, and one mile to the base of Alpine Meadows Ski Area. The Studio has high quality furnishings featuring a stone fireplace and hot tub in a quiet setting with beautiful mountain views!
The Modern Alpine Studio is a guesthouse that sits on an 11 acre property in Alpine Meadows. The property is on the edge of the Alpine Meadows neighborhood development, so there are a few homes across and down the street. The 11 acres border the Tahoe National Forest. There are sweeping mountain views across the valley from the deck of the studio, and views into the forest at the back of the studio. Our main home is adjacent to one side and a neighbors home is on the other side.
Servicios y zonas comunes
As a guest you will enjoy a very private and quiet retreat with access to amenities inside and out. The studio is a separate structure adjacent to our main home. In the summer season parking is on the street, in the winter season, there is a parking space in our driveway. From here, there is a walkway that leads to the studio. In the summer season, there are a couple of bicycles available for your use (no helmets) and in the winter season there are 2 pairs of snowshoes available for your use. Inside there is high-speed wireless internet, TV with Netfix, Amazon, and DirectTV, a small library of books, and dvd's. The kitchen is completely stocked as though you were in your own home, including dishes, utensils, pots and pans, a small pantry of necessities, and condiments in the fridge. There is a hot tub on the deck exclusively for guest use.
Atención a los huéspedes
Whether we are around our home or not during your stay, we are committed to making every effort to help you with any questions or details you encounter while at the studio. Please don't hesitate to contact us for anything, no matter how small – we want you to enjoy your visit here in Tahoe!
For cell phone service at the studio, there is very limited AT&T service and Verizon tends to be available most of the time. If needed, feel free to use the land line in the studio for local calls or to reach us. This phone is available to receive incoming calls and has a voicemail for messages.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please note: Access to the studio is from our driveway along a woodchip and dirt trail in the summer or shoveled snowy path in the winter, then up slightly uneven steps without a handrail. Luggage will need to be carried from your vehicle to the studio.
- No additional guests during length of stay
- No smoking or vaping of ANY kind
- Please leave your shoes at the door
- All mountain areas in California are black bear country. In Alpine Meadows, the black bears have been known to break into homes in search of food and damage property in the home. These bears are not interested in people and are easily scared away. We kindly ask our guests to follow our rules to prevent bear break-ins. All doors and windows must be closed and locked when away from the studio. Garbage should never be placed outside. When rules are not followed, guests are responsible for any damage due to a bear break in. Please ask us ahead of time if you have any questions about bears.
- Respect and Philosophy: The studio is in a quiet area and we have a close relationship with our neighbors. We ask our guests to keep noise levels down when outside or using the hot tub. We clean the studio ourselves with care, and we make an extra effort to ensure everything is in working order, well stocked, and very tidy. We offer you high quality furnishings and ask for you to treat everything in the space with care and gentle respect. This is not a party place, rather a comfortable retreat. If you agree with this philosophy, we are truly excited to share the space!