This newly renovated single family house is a short walk to all of historic downtown Truckee's great restaurants, shopping, public transport, and nightlife! You are also just minutes to three of Lake Tahoe's best ski resorts, hiking/snowshoeing/snowmobiling trails, and the lake itself. Couples, solo adventurers, families, and business travelers alike will love the ambiance and modern amenities like fast WiFi and a gas fireplace in our beautiful mountain town. Please come and stay a while!
We recently finished a top-to-bottom renovation of our 1200 sq. ft. Truckee home in November 2017. We have tried to think of every detail to ensure your time in the mountains will be relaxing and care free.
We have created one large central living, dining, and kitchen area so you can socialize and relax easily with your friends and family. Cooking meals should be no problem in our well appointed gourmet kitchen with brand-new high-end appliances. Serving them should be no problem either as our table comfortably seats six adults.
The living room features a large couch and a gas fireplace situated in front of a huge picture window overlooking downtown Truckee. Relax with a book or watch a movie on the 50" HDTV using the Netflix app or Blue Ray player on the XBox One. You can also connect your internet ready device using the provided HDMI cable. If the gas fireplace does not keep you warm, the brand-new high efficiency furnace will!
The bathroom features a full-size tub and shower and has a hair dryer available for use.
Both bedrooms have new queen size beds and built-in closets available for guest use.
There is a high efficiency washer and dryer on site if you need to do some laundry.
You will have no trouble getting any work done remotely with the extremely fast wireless internet connection. There is a desk with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to hook-up to your laptop. There is also a docking station for a Dell laptop.
We are very proud of our home and have received glowing feedback from our guests on the design, decor, and cleanliness. We would love you to come see for yourself!
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests have access to the entire property with the exception of the third bedroom which will be locked. You will be given a six-digit code of your choosing for the back door that is activated for your stay.
There is a covered car port for one car and can accommodate a full-size SUV or truck and the driveway can accommodate up to three vehicles (NOTE: The car port ground clearance is 7'2". Please also note that clearance can be less with snow accumulation). There is space for up to three additional cars in the gravel driveway behind the house (weather permitting).
Please note that if there is snow before or during your trip YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO SHOVEL SNOW. There not very much to shovel but you might need to clear the entry into the carport from the street and the few steps to the back door. You also have the option to shovel any additional parking you might need on the gravel driveway (i.e. not covered under the carport) or I can coordinate with the plowing service to have it cleared for you for a small fee.
Atención a los huéspedes
Guests can contact me via my cell phone with questions, comments, concerns, etc. at any time during their stay. I will respond as soon as I can.
Otros aspectos destacables
Inclement weather (e.g. heavy snow) can impact your trip. Guests should be prepared for weather related events such as power outages, road closures, etc.
There is a charge per night for additional guests after the first two, up to the maximum of four guests. Guests who do not disclose the correct total number of guests will be charged double the nightly rate.
- Guest parking is limited to the carport and gravel driveway behind the house; the covered carport can accommodate a full-size SUV or truck and the driveway can accommodate up to three vehicles (NOTE: The car port ground clearance is 7'2". Please also note that clearance can be less and extra driveway parking may not be available with snow accumulation)
- No outdoor equipment (e.g. Skis, snowboards, snow shoes, bikes, etc.) are permitted in the house; please plan to secure them in your vehicle as I do not have storage for them inside the house; outdoor boots and clothing are permitted in the mudroom but you are responsible for any mess
- Smoking is allowed outside (just not inside) - a minimum $500 cleaning fee will be assessed for violations
- Quiet time after 10:00 PM PST
- Driveway will be used for no more than 3 vehicles parked parallel to each other and not blocking the street
- Please do not use hair color, tanning lotion or any other product that stains towels and/or linens
- Please do not use any of the towels and/or linens provided to clean up messes; use the provided paper towels or dish towels
- Please clean dishes and strip the linens from any beds used before checking out
- Stays longer than 30 days are subject to an additional rental agreement and a security deposit payable upon arrival
- Notify host immediately of any damage
- Guests are responsible for cleaning or replacement cost of any damage as a result of their stay
- No additional overnight house guests are permitted, please notify me of anyone coming to the house not included in the reservation
- Street snow removal is provided but guests may be required to clear the small path between carport and back door (shovel is provided)
I am originally from Cleveland, OH but now call Sacramento and Truckee, CA home after a somewhat nomadic existence as an Officer in the US Army. I love to play outside with my family and friends --this includes our black lab, Hawk.
My favorite quote is about giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and is a follows, "success starts with assuming goodwill".