Información sobre este anuncio
Year's ago this cottage catered to local Newport residents as their neighborhood general store. In the 80's, it was converted into a fully functioning home with a kitchen and bath, lofted bedroom and balcony. And the General Store just recently finished up a complete renovation so everything is new, fresh and sparkling. Located in one of the most desirable neighborhoods of Newport, you are close to downtown and even closer to the harbor. Come stay and enjoy Newport from the General Store!!
The living room has a new corner window seat, a gas fireplace, and comfy sofa and loveseat. The eat-in-kitchen has beautiful new white shaker cabinets with granite countertops, open shelving, and brand new GE Artistry appliances (including a gas stove). The bathroom also underwent a makeover and now feels crisp, clean, and ocean-inspired. Upstairs, the bedroom has a king-sized bed and a balcony.
Servicios y zonas comunes
The General Store is a vacation home for my family and we rent it to vacationers when we are not there ourselves. For this reason, there are a few items in the house that we ask guests not to access. There is an armoire in the upstairs bedroom where we keep our personal items, the vanity in the bathroom is also where we keep personal items. There is a washer/dryer combo in the bathroom that we do not allow guests to use as it is a highly complex appliance to use and if used incorrectly can cause damage to the property. If guests need to do laundry there is a laundromat 1 mile up the street.
Atención a los huéspedes
I'm always available to help guests with any questions - either related directly to the General Store, or about Newport in general. If you need restaurant recommendations or fun things to see, feel free to reach out and ask.
The 'Point' is one of the historical districts in Newport, so walking around is an added bonus to staying at the General Store. Some of the oldest homes in Newport (actually in the US) are located in the Point and the majority of these homes are occupied by year round residents - you can be assured that evenings are quiet and peaceful. In addition to beautiful homes, the harbor is literally 2 short blocks away - 1/10 mile. Spend an evening watching the Newport Bridge lights come on or walk over to Goat Island to see the lighthouse up close.
Aside from its uniqueness, probably the General Store's best feature is its location - a quick 1/2 mile walk to downtown with all its shops, wharfs, restaurants, and bars; 1/10 mile from the harbor; and a few blocks to parks with tennis and basketball courts. Also convenient, the trolly pickup (Newport Visitor Center) is at the bottom of the street which provides access to the mansions, beaches and other attractions.
Otros aspectos destacables
Parking is available on the street and requires quests to hang their guest pass on the rear-view window. This pass allows you to park anywhere within a three block radius to the General Store, but due to the quiet, secluded nature of the neighborhood, 99% of the time you will be able to park just outside of the property. The guest pass is located in the house and much be returned before departure. Failure to do so will mean forfeiture of the security deposit.
We are pet owners (pugs) so please be aware of that if you have any allergies. The house is thoroughly cleaned, wet-swiffered, vacuumed and rid of as much pet hair as possible, but it is not entirely possible to have it all gone.
The General Store is a wonderful property and we strive to rent it to people who can appreciate all the lovely qualities that the Store and Neighborhood possess. The neighborhood is full of mostly year-round residents who live normal, quiet lives. And fortunately for us, they keep a good eye out on the General Store when we are not there! We in turn want to make sure that we are good neighbors and therefore only have renters who will fit into the neighborhood landscape.
We are looking for renters who will treat the property as we do, will be respectful of the house and furnishings, who pick-up after themselves, and leave things where they found them. And we've had some incredibly lovely renters in the past and for them we have been so thankful. Unfortunately, a few bad eggs have made the House Rules necessary. So, for everyone's protection we have the following rules in place so that you know what our expectations are of visitors staying at the General Store. It's entirely possible that the General Store is not for you and we get that!! If however, we're on the same page, please come and have a great time.
1) Due to the on-street location of the property, it can be fairly easy to bring the outside inside. For that reason, there is a NO SHOES policy for the house. By not tracking mud, dirt, stones, snow, sand, etc. into the unit it keeps the cost of house cleaning fixed and the floors in good condition.
2) LAUNDRY - Please put all used bed linens and towels in the laundry basket provided in the bathroom.
3) TOWELS - We provide 2 sets of towels - they are for bathroom use only and should for no reason leave the premises. If you are going to the beach, you should bring your own towels.
4) If you are a beach lover, as so many people are, please try to keep the sand at the beach. We understand that some sand will come back with you; however, please try to keep excessive sand off the floors, on the furniture, or in the shower, etc...
5) We understand that ACCIDENTS happen, but we do ask that you let us know if something gets broken or damaged during a stay. If an appliance or utility is not working or a dish/décor item/linen gets damaged, please notify us via email, phone, or text. We do keep an inventory of all items so it would be easier to know if there was an accident from you than to find it out another way.
6) KITCHEN USE - If you are using the dishes and utensils please either hand wash or load the dishwasher and run the cycle before departure. If you are using the stove, refrigerator, microwave, or sink and food splatters, drops or in anyway gets on the appliance, please clean up. The kitchen sink will stain if not properly maintained, so please be aware of this during your stay. The trash and recycling containers should be emptied before your departure. These bins are located in the alley beside the property.
7) OUTDOOR GRILLING - Grilling is not permitted at the property - including on the balcony, in the alleys beside the property, or in front of the property. Neighbors will be aware of this, so please visit one of the great restaurants Newport has to offer.
8) Make sure all lights are off, and doors/windows are locked whenever you leave the property and upon checkout. If you are running the A/C during the summer months, while you are out of the property, please turn it to FAN only.
9) You are provided a guest parking pass - please make sure that it is returned to the property before you leave.
10) NEIGHBORHOOD NOISE - Newport has a noise ordinance that is strictly monitored by neighbors and police, and we are very committed to keeping the neighborhood environment peaceful and respectful. Therefore, we need all renters to be committed to wrapping up all outdoor activities by 11:00 pm. If there are complaints about abusing this policy you will be asked to leave the premises
11) The MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY for the property is two (2) people only. There should never be more than 2 people staying overnight at the property at any time. The couch is not a bed and any signs that it was used as such will be considered a violation. If we are notified that more than 2 people stayed overnight, it will result in immediate removal.
There also should be no more than 4 people in the property during the day. This is not a place for many to gather in due to its size. If you are having an event (wedding, party, informal get-together) a larger rental would be more appropriate.
12) And just to reiterate, the following items are not allowed.
NO SMOKING – interior and exterior.
NO PETS - Pets are not permitted without prior approval.
NO CHILDREN - The General Store is not child friendly. For everyone's safety and peace of mind, absolutely no children or infants are allowed in the property.
If any of these rules are broken or the property is left excessively dirty or disorderly and requires additional house cleaning, the damage deposit fee will not be returned.
Puedes cancelar hasta 7 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso del 50 %, más las tarifas de servicio.