Yellow vintage room with a double bed in the heart of Faro. Part of Casa aOrta (there are 3 other rooms for rent), you get access to
- patio & top terrace;
- 2 bathrooms;
- living & dining room;
- season organic fruit & vegetables from my grandparents' garden, when possible.
This room is 1 of 5 in Casa aOrta:
- over 60 years old, completely renovated house;
- decoration and features are a mix of traditional elements with simple/functional ones;
- Each room is unique, decorated after a book of a Portuguese author. In this case, the book is "Journey to Portugal" by José Saramago.
- read (EMAIL HIDDEN)
- 2 bathrooms;
- one living room;
- one kitchen;
- a patio and a spacious roof top terrace, where you can hangout, enjoy your meals and cigarettes.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Breakfast is self-service, it's included and it comprises:
- milk, tea and coffee;
- freshly squeezed orange juice, when it's season;
- bread and typical cakes;
- cheese, butter and sometimes ham
- homemade jam (mostly tomato or pumpkin, because they're typical portuguese jams)
- season fruit, vegetables and tea from my grandparents' organic garden, whenever's possible.
Guests get access to:
- maps with tips for Faro, Algarve & other parts of Portugal
- 3 towels and bed sheets
- full equipped kitchen
- free wi-fi & TV
The only thing off limits is my room.
Atención a los huéspedes
I'll be in and out all the time and I'm happy to help, so ask me anything you'd like.
I provide a map of the town with points of interest upon arrival and some other useful informations. Throughout the stay, guests may find me occasionally in the house and ask questions. Otherwise, I'm available through text message or airBnB message.
Número de licencia o registroI-7788/2014 - AL 184/14
Obtén más información acerca de este aspecto
Feel free to use the kitchen, ask as many questions to the host as you need, smile and feel at home.
No smoking allowed inside, but there's a spacious terrace where you can smoke.
The common areas are shared with all guests and host so please try to keep things clean (i.e. rinse the sink, shower and washbasin after using it).
Cancela hasta 5 días antes de tu viaje y recibe un reembolso completo. Cancela en los 5 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la primera noche, pero sí el 50 % del coste del resto de noches.
Este anfitrión tiene 318 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Casa aOrta has been renovated to be a soulful Algarvian house. It has those typical features:
- terrace on top (used to dry figs and other fruits in the past);
- wooden floor in the bedrooms (4 for rent and 1 for me) and living room;
- old tile floor in the corridor;
- high ceilings as a temperature control mechanism;
- a service door to help maintain the house clean for the guests (that would go in through the main door);
And most of the furniture was renovated or transformed by myself.
I used to grow my own garden, because I like tasty veggies and fruits... It really makes a difference to me. Now I go to the sunday farmers' market and still bring fruits from my grandparents' organic garden, that my guests can eat too.
I am enthusiastic about getting to know the way things were back in the days and how they came to be as they are now. And I absolutely love design and art object made out of reclaimed objects!
I love to travel - I even believe I'm well traveled even though, now a days, most people my age are. When I travel I like to know how people really live there (habits, hang-out places, cuisine, expressions and so forth), so when someone comes to visit I like to give them all the highlights too. I'm pleased to help with any info you may need.