Enjoy your visit to St. Louis by staying in the Soulard neighborhood. Soulard is located just South of downtown St. Louis and offers various bars and restaurants that are within walking distance; many of which offer free shuttles to sporting events (Cardinals and Blues games) in addition to other downtown events.
My 2 bedroom is in a central location within a short walk of a grocery store, Walgreens, local farmers market, and the bars/restaurants in Soulard. It's also located along the historic Route 66 highway which extend from Chicago, IL to Santa Monica, CA.
The apartment has two floors that separate the living and dining area from the bedrooms. The living space has a 6 seat dining table. There is a entertainment system with a TV (it's dumb not smart :( as of yet) and Stereo in the living room. I have the DirecTv premium package with a DVR so you'll have access to a multitude of channels (standard, premium and all movie channels) and you can record your favorite show(s) if you would like. Please don't order any Pay Per View movies without consulting me first (thanks in advance).
The spare bedroom has a comfortable Ikea sofa sleeper (as pictured in the photos) and a desk for office space. The spare bedroom also has access to the deck which has one of the best views you will find in the Soulard neighborhood.
The place will comfortably sleep 4 people. There is an additional queen size air mattress which can sleep additional guests on the living area on the 1st floor.
The apartment resides on the 2nd floor in a 4 family building that was built in the 1880s (no ghosts to my knowledge). The building has been recently rehabbed. Access to the apartment is at the back of the building. Parking is available on a well lit street just up the block or in the alley behind the building (it's safe, I've lived here for 17 years and I'm not some dumbo).
The building resides on a quiet block isolated from the rest of the madness. There are a few vacant buildings across the street that are part of a failed development plan during the last housing crisis. Most were purchased by the City of St. Louis land acquisition department in preparation of sale to the developer. Unfortunately these buildings are awaiting a new development plan and make the area look shabby. Please G00gle Maps Street View the intersection of Tucker and Soulard (the closest intersection to the building) to see if it meets your sensibilities. I'd prefer you not book my apartment if you are going to give me a negative location review. Again the area is safe and I would have moved long ago had I believed it wasn't.
Servicios y zonas comunes
You have full access to all the amenities the house has to offer. Feel free to watch TV, listen to the radio, use the laundry, or sit out on the deck. Make yourself at home.
Atención a los huéspedes
I'll be available by phone, text or email. You'll have the place to yourself.
Otros aspectos destacables
The rental is located in a 4 family building. The other folks in the building are younger professionals.
Guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. The nominal cleaning fee is meant to compensate for the laundry and tidying up the apartment. Guest are requested to do rinse their dishes and place them in the dishwasher, vacuum up the apartment if staying with a pet, and ensure the bathroom is in a clean state for the next guest.
- Park only in the areas designated by the photo provided in the listing image gallery.
- Other people live in the building so please be considerate of the noise level.
- Dog owners must have waste baggies to cleanup after their pet when walking the dog outside.
- Only house trained pets are invited. Pets that are incontinent or destructive are not invited.
- Renters are accountable for the conduct of their guests. Ensure that they are aware of the house rules.
- Please cleanup after yourself. The cleaning fee is meant primarily to cover the cleaning of linens.
- Please respect the painting in the apartment by not playing ball or games in the house.
- The garbage disposal in the sink is not a heavy duty chipper shredder... please use the provided screens to capture food shavings and discard of them in the trash.
- Do not discard of food grease down the sink. Please use the glass jars below the sink to discard of waste grease.
- Please don't flush anything down the toilet other than toilet paper (e.g. Q-tips, paper towels, napkins of the feminine persuasion).
Standard Human... basic bullshit.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious" - Oscar Wilde. I like to consider myself an agent of the former.