Mission Loft is an open plan suite on the top floor of a 4 story Victorian era building. It's located in the heart of one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the city and is perfect for couples and single travelers. It can accommodate up to 3 people. A few things to note: prices vary by day/season, its not a good fit for parties, productions, children or travelers that aren't comfortable sharing an intimate space with each other. Please read the entire
listing description prior to booking.
We want our guests to love staying in the loft as much as we enjoyed creating it. With that in mind, here are a few important considerations to be aware of prior to booking...
* Although the loft is private from the rest of the house, it was designed as an intimate space and is intentionally very open. There are curtains separating the bathroom areas from the bedrooms.
* There isn't a full kitchen in the loft, but there is a compact refrigerator, coffee maker, as well as plates, bowls and utensils.
* Its on the 4th story and there isn't an elevator.
* We don't have onsite parking.
* This isn't the spot for partying, film production or children.
* Like many residential properties in San Francisco, we don't have air conditioning.
If you've read this far, awesome, now we'd like to share some details around what we love about the space... Mission Loft is the top floor unit in a quintessential San Francisco Victorian era building. Constructed in 1908, it still has the charm of that period, with a heavy dose of modernization thrown in. The house was recently lovingly remodeled and is constantly being updated in an effort to improve the quality of the experience and aesthetic. We believe form follows function, but that doesn't mean that you can't have both! The light filled penthouse suite is separated from the rest of the house by a staircase and heavy barn style door. Once inside, you are in your own oasis of calm, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet still close enough to step back out into it at anytime. The loft's master bedroom area has a gorgeous queen size Brazilian Peroba wood bed-frame, plush Leesa medium firm mattress, high thread count linens, extra pillows, ultra modern gas fireplace and flatscreen TV, equipped with streaming via AppleTV, Netflix and Hulu. The nearly 360 degree views from your private deck are simply stunning. Share a bottle of wine under the stars or a cup of coffee in the morning and watch the clouds roll by. The spa-like bathroom, and specifically the shower, with rain shower head, teak flooring, and Italian stone tile is something special - you won't want to leave it! The Loft has a second bedroom / lounge area that is equipped with an additional bed.
Servicios y zonas comunes
There are three bedrooms on the floor below the loft that are occupied by my dog and I (and at times various friends and family). The only potential point of interaction is on the staircase that leads to the front door. Otherwise, you have your own penthouse suite in the most happening part of the city!
Atención a los huéspedes
I live an active lifestyle and you may be on the go as well, so it's likely that we may only see each other at checkin or in passing, but when we do, I will be happy to share with you my favorite parts of San Francisco and the Mission District.
Otros aspectos destacables
* Parking: there is metered and hourly parking available on the street right outside the house or there is a parking garage (Mission Bartlett Garage), located on 21st and Bartlett St. (3 blocks from the house) that costs ~$25/day and has hourly rates as well for shorter time periods.
* I have a dog - Enzo. He's very sweet, calm, friendly and well behaved. He stays on the lower level of the house with me (and will not be in your space). He is a non-barker, but occasional farter :0
* My home has quite a few stairs (it is on the 3rd and 4th stories of a 4 story building). The view is well worth the climb though!
* The walls in the Loft slope to the floor. This means that the available headroom for an average size person is 9 to 12 ft (3 to 4 m) by 55 ft (18.5 m). If you're tall, you might want to keep this in mind, but it really shouldn't be an issue.
* The Loft is quite private from the rest of the house. That said, once inside the Loft, it is an open plan... there are draped linens that separate the shower and toilet areas from the rest of the space. It is intimate and perhaps less suitable for colleagues or acquaintances and more suitable for couples or close friends / family members.
* There isn't a full kitchen in the loft (just a small refrigerator and coffee maker).
Número de licencia o registroSTR-0000592
Obtener más información sobre este número
Haven't found the need for additional House Rules, but here are a few points for guests to consider:
* Dance parties should end around 10pm (unless I'm invited :)
* Smoking is fine on the deck, but please don't smoke in the house
* I'm not the fun police, but please let me know if you want to have friends over for a visit
* 3 people maximum - sorry no additional guests are allowed for overnight stays
For both work and play, I've traveled quite a bit and still love to when the opportunity presents itself. These days though, I seem to do a lot more hosting than traveling. I grew up in a small surfing town about an hour from San Francisco. After a 20ish year career in finance, I now design spaces and host corporate clients / producers who create branded content.