Discover rustic luxury at this beautiful log home. Golf! Ski! Relax. 18 miles from Leavenworth or Stevens Pass Ski area. Minutes from the Lake Wenatchee! Sled or cross country ski right from our door! Mountain views and all the comforts of home.
Welcome to Big Ponderosa Pine, a cedar log home with plenty of charm and rustic elegance. Perfect for families. You'll enjoy the tranquility of the Washington Cascade mountains, yet find that we are close to many activities for everyone in the family to enjoy.
We are 18 miles West of Leavenworth and just 1 mile from Lake Wenatchee State Park. The house is located in the quiet, family-oriented Kahler Glen Golf and Ski Resort community.
You'll find the main level of this rancher style log home spacious, yet cozy and your family can gather around the warm and inviting gas fireplace and enjoy beautiful mountain views. There are three bedrooms on the main level of the home. The master suite has a queen sized bed and full ensuite bathroom with a tub and heated tile floors. Down the hall is another bedroom with a queen sized bed. The third bedroom contains one set of single bunk beds. Adjacent to these rooms is a bathroom with a large shower and heated tile floors. The spacious and charming living room contains soaring ceilings, a gas river rock fireplace and views overlooking the golf course.
Our kitchen is great for entertaining with granite counter tops and convenient breakfast bar area. It is well stocked with many amenities cooks will love. The adjacent dining room has a large dining table that seats eight people. Off the kitchen is a large deck with a gas grill area. You'll enjoy beautiful views of the golf course relaxing on the tranquil deck.
The lower level of the house includes a carpeted rec area, full bathroom with a tub, and additional sleeping areas (1 queen bed with privacy curtains and a queen size pull-out couch).
Winter reservations: We receive quite allot of snow in this area. This community is great for skiers or families looking for snow activities. You should be well versed in navigating and travelling in snow. You are the kind of people who look forward to playing in it and think it's a blessing when it snows a foot overnight. All winter reservations REQUIRE traction tires (all-season minimum) and an all-wheel drive or 4x4 for access.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests have private access to the whole house including the deck with a gas grill and outdoor patio areas.
Winter reservations: Guests must have traction tires (all-season minimum) and an all-wheel drive vehicle or 4x4. We regularly plow our steep driveway. However, we find due to the steep grade an all-wheel drive vehicle is REQUIRED to get back up.
Atención a los huéspedes
The owner is available by telephone to answer any questions that may arise during your stay. We are also happy to assist you with information about the area and the home to help you plan your stay.
Otros aspectos destacables
There is no TV reception in the mountains and no cable TV. However, free wireless internet is included in your stay and we have an extensive DVD collection and Netflix, so you can sit back and watch movies.
Football fans! During football season, we recommend the golf course restaurant and bar. They have a wide screen TV and are more than happy to play Seahawks games.
During U.S. Holiday weekends, we require 3 night reservations.
The cleaning fee is primarily for laundry and light post-stay tidy. To avoid additional cleaning charges follow check-out instructions provided. We request you remove left-over food, garbage and recycling, load and start the dishwasher. These requests are fairly standard in the industry in this area.
•Winter reservations (Thanksgiving through March): In snow and icy conditions, it is REQUIRED to have traction tires (all-season minimum) and an all-wheel drive vehicle or 4x4 to go down our steep driveway. The owner will not be held responsible for any costs associated with needing to tow stuck vehicles.
• Additional people or pets without the consent of the owner may result in an assessment of additional fees or forfeit of the security deposit at the discretion of the owner.
• No smoking or fires.
• Guests are expected to treat the house with respect and follow the community golf course resort rules. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. on.
• No subletting
• The owner is not responsible for any accidents, illness or personal loss that may occur while on the property by the guest or other guests they may invite to the property.
• Daily housekeeping is not provided. The cleaning fee covers laundry and light post-stay tidy.
• The security deposit can be used in part or full for additional cleaning fees incurred due to the renter's stay. Please see security deposit section for examples.
• Guests are held responsible for any damage or loss they may cause during their stay. Liability is not limited to the amount of the deposit. If damage exceeds the cost of the amount of the deposit, the renter agrees to pay the full cost of replacement or repair of the damaged items.
• The renter will forfeit the full security deposit for replacement/repair of items damaged or stolen or for extermination of mice/bugs as a result of doors being left unlocked or ajar.
• If additional cleaning fees are assessed due to the renter's stay, the renter agrees to pay said charges.
• If additional time or labor is needed beyond a standard norm to reset the house as you found it, charges for this labor will be passed onto the renter. Examples include but are not limited to: needing to wash dirty dishes, pots and pans; needing to clean the oven, appliances or kitchen surfaces as a result of burnt food, grease or unsightly spills; removing stains from carpets or upholstery; disposal of garbage and/or food left behind; needing to pick up and return toys/games to where you found them, sweeping up unusual amount of mess (cheerios, wrappers etc. around house); returning moved furniture.
Cancellation and payment:
• See payment and cancellation terms section upon reservation.
I'm a stay-at-home mom with a passion for cooking, gardening and travelling. Our mountain cabin which we rent is our second home and a place where we love to gather with our friends and family.
While we are fairly new to airbnb; we have been renting our mountain cabin as a vacation rental for several years. We take pride in our vacation rental and strive to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable and excited about their stay with us. I'm happy to help answer any questions you may have to help make your trip easy and enjoyable.