36 Glan Gors is a non-smoking self catering apartment in the historic town of Harlech in the Snowdonia National Park. It sleeps up to 5 people. Sorry, but due to previous problems we no longer take bookings from young single sex groups & it is unsuitable for lively night owls.
Our ground floor apartment provides easy access ideal for those who are less mobile. The lounge/dining area has plenty of comfortable seating, freeview & freesat television with DVD. There is a small selection of videos, DVDs, books, cards, & board games. The fully equipped kitchen has an electric cooker, microwave, fridge & washing machine. We provide bed linen, towels & tea towels, but if you prefer to bring your own we will deduct 10% from the rental price. Please make a 'reservation enquiry' and not a 'reservation request' if you are planning to bring your own bed linen and towels as the system doesn't allow for offering the 10% discount when accepting a 'reservation request' - this discount has to be sent to you as a 'special offer'. We offer breaks from a minimum of 4 nights up to 3 weeks but do not do long term lets. Please check prices with us first, the automated system may not be correct. A discounted weekly price will be shown to you by the system. If you are interested in a 6 day break please send us a 'reservation enquiry' and not a 'reservation request' and we can send you the correct price via the 'special offer' option. Electricity is included in the cost of the rental.
We are happy to take a well behaved adult dog so long as the owners bring its own bed & don't allow it onto chairs or beds.
Normal arrival time is 3pm and departure time by 11am. If you need a later departure or earlier arrival we may be able to arrange this dependent on other bookings and the scheduling of cleaners by the cleaning company we use (they normally arrive shortly after the 11am departure time). Please contact us a few days before arrival & we will check if we are able to accommodate your request.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Comprising of three comfortable bedrooms (1 king, 1 double & 1 single - UK definitions of bed size), a spacious lounge area and well equipped kitchen, it is ideal for the self catering visitor. In the warmer months enjoy sitting out in the gardens and admire the spectacular views of the hills above Harlech.
It is within walking distance of a selection of shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs. A stroll away is Harlech beach, ideal for families with children. Locally there are several other large sandy beaches. Royal St David's golf course is about a five minute walk away. The area is excellent for walkers of all abilities, either in the heart of Snowdonia or on the Rhinogydd a few miles behind Harlech. For those wanting to tour and looking for a bit of history there are beautiful castles in the area including the nearby Harlech Castle.
Atención a los huéspedes
The property is ideal for families, couples and friends but as it is an apartment with the upstairs neighbour's bedroom immediately above our living room it is not suitable for lively night owls or for those who plan on arriving late at night. This is why we don't recommend the property for those who enjoy staying up chatting or watching TV/playing music into the early hours. We don't take bookings from young single sex groups for a similar reason. Letting us know the composition and age group of your party would be useful in your enquiry, and particularly if you are making a reservation request would speed up the time for us to accept it.
Glan Gors is our holiday home as well as being a holiday let. We deal with the booking process ourselves but employ a local company to clean for us & have a near neighbour who keeps an eye on the property and is happy to help with information for guests and keeps a spare key. We now have a key safe, information on how to use this and the code will be sent about 3 to 4 weeks before your arrival date.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please note: The reason that there isn't a Carbon Monoxide detector on the premises is due to the fact that the property is all electric with no gas supply or open fire heating and has no garage.
1. The property is not suitable for people who are looking for a noisy holiday; out of consideration to the neighbours we do not let to young, single sex groups (we had a particularly bad experience in that respect in the past) and in return we expect visitors not to cause annoyance to the neighbours. (By annoyance we mean excessive noise and abusive language and/or behaviour). The property is ideal for families, couples and friends but as it is an apartment with upstairs neighbours, it is not suitable for lively night owls or those who plan on arriving late at night and we don't recommend the property for those who enjoy staying up chatting or watching TV/playing music into the early hours.
2. The party size will be no greater than 5 people (including children) unless agreed at the time of booking. We can sometimes accommodate 6 people if the 6th is an infant. We can provide a travel cot.
3. We allow a dog (or 2 small dogs) but the owners must bring the dog's own bedding & not allow it onto furniture or beds and comply with the estate policy on dog fouling i.e. any dog mess must be immediately collected and placed in the dog bins provided.
4. The property is totally non-smoking, and any cigarettes smoked outside the property should be disposed of responsibly and the ends not thrown onto the lawns.
5. We don't expect guests to do a spring clean on leaving but do ask that they clean up after themselves ( i.e. a quick hoover to remove dog hairs or dirt brought in from outside on feet and making sure that the cooker and work surfaces are left as they found them. )
6. Over & above the terms of cancellation detailed under 'Terms' we are happy to refund all the rental fee (Minus any fees placed on yourself or us by Airbnb) if the cancellation is 8 weeks or more before the start of the holiday. Any cancellations less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday will only be refunded by us (Airbnb's terms still apply & they will issue a refund as stated in 'Terms' up to 1 week before the start of the holiday) if we can re-let the property at the same rate as the holiday cancelled. Please note that although Airbnb's refunds are automatic ours will only be issued after Airbnb issue the payment to us and any booking fee to Airbnb would still be payable.
I am retired and enjoy walking. My ideal holiday is one in a quiet location where I can get out into the countryside and enjoy the peace and scenery. I am not a night owl and am a non smoker with mild asthma so would only stay in a property where smoking has not been permitted and the environment around is quiet and a good night's sleep is easy to get. We aim for this type of environment in our own holiday letting in Harlech and out of respect to our neighbours there would not recommend it to those who are looking to have a noisy holiday or to stay up late at night.