A tranquil and safe neighborhood in a lake community. Enjoy our tree-lined streets, convenient and friendly neighborhood. We welcome to hosting you soon!
Welcome to our home...
We have a typical Bungalow style house in a subdivision within a suburb outside of Detroit. Outside of Detroit has many subdivisions. West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Sylvan Lake, Birmingham, and Franklin are some of the most desirable cities outside of Detroit. They are desirable by being very safe, with excellent and high ranked public schools, and several lakes.
Sylvan Lake is a small community, not small as in small town as there are neighboring cities, but just an area located on a private all-sports lake Sylvan Lake. We have a private beach, clubhouse, and access to all-sports Sylvan Lake. It is a nice subdivision with tree-line streets. You can take a nice stroll and walk along the lake and see the various homes in our neighborhood. Within walking distance is several fast food restaurants, such as McDonalds, Burger King, and Taco Bell. Further, we have a Dairy Queen, local bar, and small grocery and convenience stores all within walking distance. Although typically we all use cars here to get around.
Woodward Avenue and Orchard Lake Road are full of restaurants and shopping. We have large and upscale shopping malls all within 15 minutes away.
There is public transit, although it is not frequent and therefore I do not recommend it. You should have a car or access to one to get around the areas.
Our home has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, and it fully furnished, well maintained and clean. We have a nice patio on the back where you can have a BBQ for yourself or sit out and enjoy some food and the nice sunshine. The home has a kitchen that you may use, along with a washer and dryer.
...Saint Joseph Hospital, 8-10 minutes
...Beaumont Hospital, 15 minutes
...Downtown Detroit, 30 minutes
...Detroit DTW airport, 45 minutes with no traffic
...Troy, Auburn Hills, Rochester, 15-20 minutes
We have one small cat and dog who lives at our home, typically I will keep her upstairs and I let her out in the backyard at various times throughout the day. Sometimes our friend brings over her small dog to visit and they will play in the backyard.
Please have a photo of yourself when making a booking. We accept short or long term guests. Feel free to message me with any questions, and rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis (first book, first gets) so book early to avoid disappointment. We look forward to hosting you!
Otros aspectos destacables
While the home does have 3 bedrooms, we only rent out 2 of these rooms when you rent the entire house. The 3rd bedroom (which is the entire upstairs) is not accessible during your stay, this way most of our belongings won't be in your way. You will still have the home to yourself, privacy wise.
House Rules – Applies to all guests
1. Guests – Only those listed on the reservation may enter the home at any time.
2. Environment & Guest Conduct – The home is peaceful and quiet, and we strive to keep it clean. Thus, guests should pick up after themselves (cleaning dishes when using, taking out trash when it is full, etc.). The home is smoke and drug-free. Whether legal or illegal drugs, they are not allowed in the home or on the property lines. Guests should not drink excessively while staying with us. No house parties, and guests should be quiet if coming back late at night.
3. Parking – You will be assigned a designated parking space, please park appropriately and ensure that you are legal to drive. Drive responsibly, please.
4. Pets – Pets are not allowed. You may on a case-by-case basis ask for an exception to this rule. You will be responsible for any damages by your pet. At our Catalpa location, there are no pets in the most recent year. At our Beverly location, there is a small cat and dog. Those with pet allergies should take caution before booking.
5. Environmental friendly – When you leave the home, please ensure that windows and doors are closed and locked. Air con and heat are off when not in use. Lights are off when not in use.
6. CCTV – There may be CCTV or video recording devices on the property for security purposes. There is of course no CCTV in your bedroom or bathroom.
7. Locks – Some bedrooms may have a lock on the door and some do not. Please enquire with us before staying if you’d like a lock on your door (for long-term guests).
8. Common space – The bathrooms in all of our listings are shared. Living room and kitchen are fully stocked and available for your use. We supply general household items such as toilet paper and towels. Please do not use excessive supplies and please do not take anything when you leave.
9. Temperature controls – The heat and air con temperatures are locked and set as follows: Summer, air is set at 72 degrees. Winter, heat is set at 68 degrees. Some rooms are hotter or colder than others, such as the basement might stay in the 60’s and the upstairs may go into the upper 70’s. We have extra blankets and heaters that you may use, but please ask us in advance so we can properly set it up for you.
10. Check-in / Check-out times – The check-in time is between 3:00pm – 9:00pm and the check-out time is 10:00am. If you have a special situation, please contact us in advance and we will try our best to accommodate you. For added flexibility to guests, we may or may not be present when you check-in, but we will give you instructions on how to enter the home.
11. Home condition – We like our home is in great condition, however, it is to be noted that the home is not new, and anything in the home has been used before.
12. Loss – Please do not leave valuables laying around, and especially do not leave valuables on the floor. We can not control nature, sometimes we experience local floods or electrical outages. During these periods, please avoid using the electrical outlets and note that the basement may have some water, dampness, mildew, mold or the smell of a basement. This is a seasonal issue, so if you are sensitive to these things, please take caution before booking. Also, please note that we have some extension cables in the home. We are not responsible for any loss or injury on the property.
14. Overbooking – Sometimes we unfortunately overbook or a guest from before stays longer. In this case, your preferred room may not be available and we will provide you with another room.
15. Smoke detector & Carbon Monoxide Detector – There is a smoke detector in the home, and if the batteries are low, it may beep slowly/randomly. Stay calm, and seek to replace the batteries to solve the problem. If there is a fire, please exit the home and call the Fire department at 911.
16. Kitchen – The kitchen has a gas stove, please ensure the gas is off when you are not using the stove. Basic cooking is fine, but please do not cook foods with very heavy smells (curry or the likes).
17. Postal Mail – Guests are not allowed to use the address as their legal residential address. Guests should not sign for nor receive any packages/letters at the premises.
18. Damages & Extra Charges – Guests agree to replace any damaged items and compensate for violating rules above. Sometimes guests need extra services (car & driver, tours, etc.) or items, and they may pay for them via Airbnb’s resolution tool. Please keep clean and considerate to our cleaner.
19. Communication – All communication must be through Airbnb’s messenger. We are very good at getting back to you quickly, but sometimes life happens! We will respond to you within one business day.
20. Airbnb – We rent out more than one room in the home and it is likely that you will be staying with another Airbnb guest. We may or may not be in the home during your stay, depending upon our schedule.
21. Room selection
We assign the rooms based on the bed size. If you have a particular room choice, please discuss with us before your booking.
22. Room location
Rooms may be located on the main floor, basement or upstairs. There are always steps that you may need to use to either enter the home or your room. Michigan has a lot of rain and hence there may be some presence of water or water smell.
It's likely that you can check-in earlier but do message us first. Our home has electronic keypads. Most people know how to use them (99%) but if you are not tech savvy then you must check-in before 10:00pm. We will no longer accommodate late check-in's. If you need a key or help to open the door, there is a $106 charge. For loss of main door (electronic door) key, there is a $530 charge. We are not available to assist with issues after 10pm, you will need to make other arrangements for that night.
Always before 10am. If our cleaner arrives after 10am and you haven't checked out then there will be a $50 surcharge to arrange for the cleaner to come back or wait for you.
25. Host interaction
Please keep all messages to Airbnb message thread. We are not always available by phone or text hence we request all messages to be on Airbnb and during reasonable hours. If you are looking for interaction with your host, we recommend that you find another host. We are busy with life and unfortunately not available to entertain our Airbnb guests. Thank you for your understanding.
Este anfitrión tiene 270 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Hi, my name is Michael. I went to Michigan State University and am a big Spartan fan. I enjoy running, hiking, cycling, swimming, traveling, eating, cooking and working on cars. My better half is Jessica, she is very sweet and its likely you will meet her before me. If you have any questions, please e-mail me as I'm not always available by phone. Jessica can help you with checking in.
I love to travel, eat new foods and I spend a lot of time doing so, I have been to many places around the world and have many places that I call home. You may or may not meet us during your stay depending upon which location you stay at, so feel free to ask us if we'll be around. I enjoy meeting new people from around the world and look forward to meeting you!