So, Belize is amazing!!! Unfortunately, it took me 4 days to get it. In the end, I loved it.
Must do (in order):
1. Cave tubing!!!! Worth the time and investment. If you don't do this, you are really not getting the full beauty of Belize. It's a full day and an early wake up.
2. Don't cheap out, rent a golf cart and explore. It makes you fall in love with Belize.
3. Go to ROJO BAR AND BEACH. Skip secret beach unless you want to go for amazing tacos from a stand (they are kind of worth it). We rented bikes to secret beach and loved it, but it's no joke. You get a sore bum and s good sweaty ride. Also, eat at truck stop. This comment, number 3, is a full day.
4. Go on the banana boat ride. You'll laugh your 'butt' off. $30 near bar playa for 40 min (it was $39 for 30 min so wiggle then down).
5. Eat out. Blue water grill is just ok. El Fogon is great, claiente rocks, LATTITUDES FOR WRAPS / LUNCH, waraguma is OK to bad.
Things to know about the house:.
1. It's amazing and takes your breath away.
2. It's overly secluded and the boat back and forth gets tiresome. It's not terrible, but something to think about it at least prepare your group for.
3. There is no washer dryer. Laundry is done for you upon request
4. Of the 4 bedrooms, 3 are amazing. 1 is off the LR and you need to walk through the LR to use the bathroom or walk through a back bedroom. We had one person very upset about this and almost left the group (overly dramatic) but it is something you should know.
5. Kayaks are a blast. Go explore!!! Plus free!!!!!!!
6. Corrina did great, but as mentioned, communication was an issue. Understand your excursions fully before you go (price, time, credit cards, etc). Not sure where the problem was (one time is was with me) but we had confusion about dates and times, payment and flights. Also, figure out what is appropriate to tip in advance. We still do not know and hope we were fair.
Stay here if you want a great house with everything you want in a vacation home. DO NOT STAY HERE if you want to be in the middle of the nightlife (although it only takes 15 min and some planning to get to the center of town).
I'll be back.
PS: Dino and Amegio are great