On top of Mount Carmelo, the 2-story house borders the Wildlife Refuge, overlooking the Refuge's vast tropical forest. Unobstructed expansive views stretch from the Caribbean to the Atlantic. Rustic; private; quiet; cool breezes day and night.
The space is a two-story, one bedroom (2 new queen size beds), one bathroom, 600 sq. foot, cottage perched on top of the mountain of Monte Carmelo. From our two porch balconies (upstairs and downstairs) the views of the Wildlife Refuge and Atlantic and Caribbean Oceans are unmatched by any on the island. The upstairs balcony features 2 hammocks for observing the mind-blowing views from above. The downstairs porch balcony features two rocking chairs, a sofa, a dining area and two swings. The views of the Refuge are equally stunning from both balconies. Banana, papaya and other fruit trees occupy much of the property so feel free to partake. The first floor of the house features a full kitchen: gas stove, oven, double sink, coffee maker, blender, full-size fridge and all of the dishes, utensils, pots and pans you would need should you decide to cook meals at home. The second floor of the house is the bedroom with two brand new queen size mattresses on the beds and a pair of french doors leading to the second story balcony. The single bathroom is off the bedroom. The house features a hot water outdoor shower made entirely of glass blocks. Water pressure is great. We have a washing machine should you need to do laundry at no extra charge. The house is mostly windows so light is great at all hours of the day in every room and the constant mountain breeze up there keeps things cool day and night without any need for air-conditioning. The stairwell leading to the upstairs is rather steep as are the drops off the balconies so we don't recommend this place for very old folks, families with small children or anyone who may have difficulty getting up and down steep stairs. Our design concept is that the simplicity of the house compliments the natural beauty of its surroundings and we think you'll agree.
Servicios y zonas comunes
hot water shower
full kitchen, stove, oven, fridge, blender, electric kettle, coffeemaker
roof access is off-limits
Atención a los huéspedes
Either I or my property manager will arrange to meet you upon your arrival and lead you to the house. One of us will act as a point person should you decide to contact us with any questions or concerns during your stay.
Otros aspectos destacables
Remember that we have built a house in an area not normally inhabited by humans. If you're looking for a secluded, well-designed rustic cottage with magnificent views then this is your place. This is not, however, a stay at the W hotel. The natural beauty surrounding the house far exceeds any you will find at a hotel. That said, if you see guekos or insects or coqui frogs you've never seen before, don't be frightened or disgusted. We have moved into their home, not the other way around. If you wish to approach the horses, be sure to approach them from the front and not the back (horses can kick from the back if frightened). Our design concept is that the simplicity of the house compliments the natural beauty of its surroundings and we think you'll agree.
- Please use caution when on the balconies.
- All lights in the house are equipped with dimmers. Please keep lights as dim as possible unless otherwise necessary. One of the most beautiful things about our location is that light pollution is very low and we'd like to keep it that way. I think you'll find that stargazing and listening to the the nighttime songs of the Refuge wildlife is better enjoyed with dim (or no) light.
- Close windows around beds and all upstairs and downstairs doors before leaving each day. The daily tropical rains that sweep through the valley are brief but heavy, even on clear days.
- Never leave food stuff out and clean the kitchen abundantly so as to avoid pests during your stay and for those coming after you.
- Try to keep noise levels to a reasonable level, especially after 9 or 10pm.
-$75 charge for lost keys