A perfect chance for people who want/need to stay at Roche for some time as the site of Roche is just 300 meters away from my house. But the area is so beautiful, that you might like to visit Penzberg even without a business trip.
If you want to have a quiet room close to the Roche site in Penzberg, then this is a good place.
The room has the size 3,60 x 3,00 m with a well sized cupboard, a 1,00 x 2,00 m bed and flowers. For details please have a look at the pictures.
There is a second guest room, which is a little bit smaller.
You have full access to a fitness-room, just have a look at the pictures.
Servicios y zonas comunes
You will get a key, thus you can come and go whenever you want.
You will have access to free Wifi, a piano, the kitchen, a washing machine, a crosstrainer, an infrared cabin and mucg more...
Atención a los huéspedes
As I am retired, I have some time for my guests, and I am very open for talks, especially with people from other countries. I am German and my English is not too bad. Good enough to communicate.
Otros aspectos destacables
I am open for people from other countries: My partner comes from Ireland and my son-in-law from Peru.
And now comes the extra information about leisure time in and around Penzberg:
Penzberg (17.000 inhabitants) has a small downtown area with just a basic infrastructure. Public transportation with buses is well established, thus you do not need to drive with a car within Penzberg. The greater area is full of interesting spots which needs a car. Here are some examples:
First impressions, close to Penzberg
•Monastery Benediktbeuern (10 km by car), a beautiful baroque church with a fantastic view on the Alps.
• Walchenseekraftwerk, a place, where the water (power) of the mountains is converted into electrical power. Have a look at the huge turbines, which is a great experience. Afterwards you might visit the nearby little museum to get more information about this highlight of technology at that time, established around one hundred years ago and it is still working fine.
• There is a Penzberg city museum with exhibitions about the Penzberg history and a group of impressionism painters from the beginning of the last century, called “Der blaue Reiter”.
• Another great place to look at impressionism paintings is the “Franz Marc Museum” in Kochel (15 km by car).
•Another fine museum is the “Buchheim museum” in Bernried (20 km by car).
• Not to mention the nearby Munich (50 km by car) with a huge number of museums of every kind, some of them world class. For fans of technology, the “Deutsches Museum” is a must.
Castles from King Ludwig II
• If you want to be a typical tourist, then visit some of the most famous and best visited castles of the world (up to 90 km by car): Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau, Linderhof and Herrenchiemsee. It might not be a good idea to do this in holiday time due to sometimes too many visitors.
Penzberg is surrounded by many lakes, which is perfect for going to a swim in summer time or to relax. Ask me for nearby lakes where you can enjoy this. The network of special slopes for hiking and bicycling is great enough to spend weeks to discover them. I could provide you with maps of the greater area, to find your way traditionally, without WiFi.
The Alps are very close (15 km by car) and there is a lot of ways to reach the tops of the mountains or to enjoy the Bavarian “Weisswurst” with a wheat beer (could be alcohol free too) in a typical Bavarian restaurant or beer garden. In winter time you may head up for the Zugspitze, Germany´s highest skiing resort.
Penzberg is fine for the basics, but if you want to buy real nice things, go to Munich. As finding a parking place in the inner city is not easy, you might take the train from Penzberg to Munich central station (50 min.) and there you are in a 10 min. walking distance to the central shopping area, the Kaufingerstaße.
As my house is quite big (it had enough place for two adults and 4 kids), there is enough room to stay together and separate, me and the guest(s).
I am living in a big house, which has enough space for two guests. They might come from other countries, what I would wellcome. If they speak German or English.
Being retired I have a lot of time and would like to communicate with my guests and to learn about their situation and their culture. Although this is not a requirement.
I love to cook and could image to do this with my guests and their recipies. And my partner would be happy to be served a new meal.