GPS stands for Global Place for Students and we are renting out rooms in our home to all globally-minded people. Our rooms cater especially to Montana State University international students and travelers looking for a convenient location in Bozeman. We are excited to welcome you to Bozeman and our home!
We welcome guests from all over the world...26 countries and counting! When MSU is in session, the house provides a home to international students.
There are 6 rooms (3 upstairs/3 basement) with an outfitted kitchen and full bathroom on each level. Each floor has a common seating area with the main living room located upstairs. Outdoors we have a large concrete patio and a large backyard. When cars are not in the driveway, we also have a basketball hoop and storage for bikes in our garage.
We welcome you to relax in any of the common areas and truly enjoy your time in this community. We have a central location close to downtown Bozeman (15-20 minute walk) and MSU (10-15 minute walk). We hope to provide you with an affordable and comfortable place to stay within this global community. Welcome to Bozeman!
Servicios y zonas comunes
You will have access to all common areas including the living room, kitchens, bathrooms, washer/dryer, patio, and garage bike storage. We ask that you keep any personal belongings in your own room or in designated cupboards in the kitchen and bathroom. Although additional storage space is not guaranteed, please let us know before you arrive and we will do our best to accommodate you.
All other bedrooms are off-limits and require expressed permission from the other guest to enter. If you lose your key to the house, please let one of us know. We reserve the right to accessing a $25 lost key fee should that occur.
Atención a los huéspedes
As the host, I will be living at the house (Room #3) and will be around to help you settle in and answer any questions. I am happy to interact with all but will respect your privacy when desired.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please be mindful that there are five other rooms in the house with other guests staying here so we ask that after 11:00pm and before 9:00am, guests keep noise and loud talking to a minimum.
Clean linens and towels are provided on arrival. Guests have access to laundry facilities, if they desire clean bedding for longer stays. Washing detergent is not provided but can be purchased from a nearby supermarket.
1. Out of respect to all guests in the house, please drink responsibly. If you would like to party while you are in Bozeman, there are plenty of places downtown listed in our guide book.
2. Laundry hours are from 9am to 11pm. The machine does make a considerable amount of noise and therefore we want to make sure everyone can sleep easy. Note: You are responsible for moving your own clothes once the laundry is completed and please remove your clothes in a timely fashion. Thanks!
3. Storage in the house is limited so please keep your personal items in one of the following areas: your room, your provided cupboards in the kitchen and bathroom, your provided shelves in the refrigerator, or on a designated shelf in the garage. Any additional storage is subject to approval and not guaranteed.
4. No smoking of any substance inside the house including cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes, marijuana, vapes, etc. Outdoor smoking of non-marijuana products are allowed but we ask that you stay away from doors and windows.
5. No drug use on the property including marijuana.
6. For the safety and comfort of all guests, no unlisted overnight visitors. Last minute changes are usually alright but must be approved through call or text.
7. Parking is limited so we ask that you limit your cars to 1 per party. Additional cars may be approved but not guaranteed.
8. Please avoid blocking the two garage doors while parking. We use this garage to store our own cars and will need access to them throughout the day.
9. Bozeman is a very safe community but remember to lock the door to both the house and your room. This is to help ensure the security of the property and your personal belongings.
10. Please clean up after yourself while using the common spaces. We believe in leaving spaces better than the way we find them. Cleaning supplies are located in the upstairs closet across from the laundry. Note: Please avoid cooking foods with a strong or unpleasant odor. Even though the rainbow trout you caught on the river may seem like a good dinner, we ask that you cook it outside over an open fire.
11. For long-term stays over 1 week, you will be asked to assist in the weekly cleaning of common spaces including the bathroom, kitchen, and living room. Additionally, you will be held accountable for helping empty trashcans, move the trashcan to the side of the road on Monday nights, and other general house maintenance items. This is done on a rotational basis and I will instruct you on what needs to be done.
12. Out of respect to all guests, please try to keep noise levels down including talking loudly, listening to movies or music, and phone conversations. During the day this is relaxed but at night we institute quiet hours between 11 pm and 9 am.
13. We grew up in South Korea and believe in removing shoes while in the house. That being said, we are not super strict on this and would rather you be comfortable. If it does not make a difference to you, we would greatly appreciate it.
14. There is a charcoal grill located on the property. We welcome you to use this but ask that you take the necessary precautions. Please send me a message or text before you use the grill so I can properly brief you on where the fire extinguishers are located and so that I can be aware. You are responsible for purchasing, extinguishing, and cleaning coals used in the grill. A $50 fee will be accessed for not cleaning up after use.
15. If you notice anything out of the ordinary or suspicious, please let me know. I am very vigilant but always appreciate the help of others living in the house.
16. Respect and treat others the way you want to be treated (or even better). We always try to see your perspective as the guest so we ask that you do the same for our house and others.
17. We are helpful people so please let us know if you need anything or something does not meet your expectations. Communication is vital in a shared house so please keep me in the loop.
18. Enjoy this community and enjoy Bozeman! We always strive to create an environment based on respect in an effort to encourage cross-cultural exchange. Get outside and get involved! We love having you here.