Cozy, charming cabin at the edge of a large meadow on 85 acres of rural Monterey county. Perched on the doorstep of Los Padres National Forest, rugged Ventana Wilderness, and Tassajara Zen Center.
The 140sq ft cabin features 2 beds, and a separate building with composting toilet and a hot outdoor propane shower.
This is a perfect getaway to unplug, retreat, hideout, and reset. It's great for solo adventurers (with your furry beasts), couples,
and/or tiny families who are ok in a small space.
The cabin is rustic and tiny- but insulated, covered in reclaimed wood siding and repurposed corrugated metal. It overlooks a large meadow and is situated next to an incredible old valley oak tree. There are 2 beds in the cabin - one full bed on a frame, and one queen size futon that folds into a couch. Inside the cabin there is a light and a heater, drinking water, and some spare bedding.
A few steps away from the cabin is the bath/outhouse. The outdoor shower is heated by propane, and the outhouse features a composting toilet.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Feel free to unplug and soak in the silence, or roam the network of trails on our 85 acres of land.
Atención a los huéspedes
Check in with us upon arrival, and we will direct you to the cabin and let you get settled. We live a few hundred yards downhill from the cabin, and are available if you have any questions or concerns. We have three dogs, and will usually be out working in the garden, but the cabin is your sanctuary and the property is open for you to explore.
Otros aspectos destacables
There is no kitchen or refrigerator, so guests are advised to pack in their own edibles should they need them. We are also relatively remote - Carmel Valley Village is 12 miles to the west (about a twenty minute drive), and is the nearest place to eat and drink. There are numerous restaurant choices in the village, as well as a huge number of wine tasting rooms.
- The cabin is on a hill about 200 yards from the owner's home. It is very private, but you may see us down hill from you.
- No Smoking! Yeah, we know this is a repetition, but we are serious. Indoor or out. The summertime threat of wildfires in this area is huge. Please be considerate of that,
- This is a serene and quiet area. Aside from some lunar cycle approved howling, please keep it down at night.
- This is a rustic cabin, and as such that means there's no TV or stereo or cooking equipment (no fridge/stove/sink). This is like a hotel room in the wilderness- a place to sleep- and unwind- but not much more. Aside from a welcoming space with somewhere comfortable and clean to sleep, it's not gonna fulfill anyone's 5 star requirements... and we intend to keep it that way.
- If you have any questions or are not sure if you understand the setting and/or the rules, just ask! We are happy, helpful, cooperative hosts and want you to enjoy your time here. Help us make that happen- by letting us know what works and what doesn't.
- IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY YOU WILL HAVE CELL SERVICE (from any provider) this far out on Tassajara Road!! If you have ATT, you *might* get reception... but this is a place to UNPLUG! We emphatically encourage you to take the opportunity to embrace that discomfort!