This charming cottage has streaming sunlight, high ceilings and a cosy fireplace. Perfectly positioned in a sunny spot tucked just off Aldeburgh High Street and a stones throw from Aldeburgh beach.
MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is spacious and peaceful with two tall seaside windows catching the coastal light through the changing phases of the day.
The guest bedroom is furnished with 2 small single beds (190cm L x 80cm W x 40cm H) made of a solid oak wood frame and quality hypoallergenic mattresses and superior bedding.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests can access the property 24 hours. Please contact Sophie and Harry the day before your arrival for details to open the cottage.
Atención a los huéspedes
Guests can enjoy the cottage to themselves.
Otros aspectos destacables
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
Arrive in Aldeburgh from any direction and drive south along Aldeburgh High Street, past the Fish & Chips shop. Turn left onto Hertford Lane and Brudenell Street will be the first street on the right just before you reach the sea.
There is very good availability of free on-street parking in this area of Aldeburgh, even in peak season. Sophie & Harry have not ever needed to park further than 1 minute from the cottage. Most often, a parking spot is available within 10 seconds from the cottage front door. Please call or message Sophie for favourite parking spots.
The on-street parking is free, unlimited time and the usual parking rules apply.
1. CHILDREN - Not suitable for toddlers. Unfortunately the cottage is not suitable for children from crawling age to 5+ years. This is due to the cottage's original Victorian stair spindles being far enough apart for a small child to fit through.
The cottage is perfect for babies and children 5+. We look forward to remodelling the staircase spindles in the near future so that children of all ages can enjoy holidays in the cottage. We are very sorry for any confusion. There is understandably not an option to select a childproof age bracket of 6m - 5yrs.
2. GUEST ROOM BEDS - Please note that the two single beds in the guest bedroom are small singles (80cmW x 190cmL x 40cmH).
3. CARING FOR THE COTTAGE - No food or coloured drink on soft furnishings. This includes red wine. You are most welcome to eat and drink merrily at the table, in the kitchen and in the courtyard.
4. Please keep board games and art supplies in good condition for all guests by making sure all pieces stay with the correct game and are packed away neatly.
5. Please turn off the fireplace off when the cottage is unattended.
6. Please let Sophie and Harry know if any repairs are needed.
7. DEPARTURE CHECKLIST
1. Boiler turned on and set to 23.
2. All doors and windows locked.
3. Courtyard furniture cushions inside.
4. Perishable items in bins placed in the large dark grey bin in the lane behind the cottage.
5. Furniture returned to where it belongs.
6. All cottage items including: books, Tate art supplies rucksack, towels, games etc. returned to the house.
7. All lights & appliances switched off.
8. Ensure the arrival keys are returned to the security safe box in the courtyard. Leave the fox key set on the long oak table. Depart via the front door and post the mouse keys through the mail slot (be careful of your fingers).
9. Communicate any repairs needed, accidental breakages/damage to Sophie & Harry.
10. Message Sophie & Harry that you have departed.
Please feel welcome to call Sophie and Harry for any reason, at any time.
Sophie & Harry