Beautiful and newly renovated apartment in a fantastic area downtown.
Everything you wish for in walking distance from restaurants to museums, shops, sightseeing tours and everything else Reykjavík has to offer.
Can accommodate up to 5 persons.
The house was built in 1930 and was newly renovated on the inside and out.
The apartment is very open and bright with beautiful oak floor with a lot of character and charm to it. There's a dining table for 4 persons, a kitchen with a coffee machine, dishwasher and all the basic kitchen tools that one might need. There's a pull out sofa that comfortably fits a 2 persons to sleep in. In the bedroom you will have the option of having a twin bed or one double along with great closet space. The bathroom has all the basic necessities plus a big shower.
The apartment is truly beautiful with a spacious garden which our guests are welcome to enjoy (we do get sunny days!).
Cots, cribs, high seats and other children/baby furniture are available upon request.
Servicios y zonas comunes
There is a private entrance to the apartment and guests will receive the key upon arrival.
There is free parking on our street for guests that have cars.
There's free wifi too!
Atención a los huéspedes
We are ALWAYS available for you for any matter.
We answer online promptly but in case of emergencies our phone numbers are listed inside the apartment by the dining table.
However, we will not be present at anytime unless the above points mentioned come in to action.
Otros aspectos destacables
Important note! In Iceland beer, wine and liquor is only sold in one chain of stores called "Vínbúðin" (apart from restaurants and bars) but luckily enough that store is within 5 minutes walking distance!
Local events ? We try our best to have info up-2-date on the kitchen table on local events that you may find interesting.
Hungry for groceries ? Take a 5 minute walk to the town square (Ingolfstorg) and find "Kvosin", the local grocery store. You can take a 5 minute walk in the other direction to find the local kiosk, Petursbud.
1. Please remove your shoes at all times when entering the apartments. That protects the brand new wooden parquet floor and reduces noise.
2. Please don't play loud music or shout after 10pm. Loud parties and after parties are strictly forbidden as this is a residential neighbourhood and it disturbs other guests in the house.
3. Please respect other guests and avoid excessive noise in the apartments, particularly after 10pm. This also includes the staircase when you return late at night.
4. Please keep the kitchen area clean and tidy, put away into the dishwasher or wash any dirty dishes.
5. No smoking inside the apartment.
6. Never leave the apartment or house unlocked.
We're a young couple from Iceland, both born and raised in Reykjavík.
Katrín works with elderly people in Reykjavík and Hjálmar for an international organization.
We live right downtown and are active in the cultural happening and we´re always here to help. We both love to travel and understand the importance of getting tips from locals to make your trip even more enjoyable.