Comfort and convenience in quiet central location steps to Langara Campus. No car required - walk to Main St, ethnic eateries, Langara YMCA, 2.7km jogging path, Queen Elizabeth Park, Oakridge Mall. 14 minutes via Canada Line to YVR or downtown.
This is a full height half/basement suite in a "Vancouver Special", a ubiquitous architectural style from the mid-60s to mid-80s, now prized for its spaciousness and versatility. Our suite has large windows in every room, south and west facing in the open concept living/dining room open to the fully equipped kitchen (stove, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, pots and pans, dishes, glasses and cutlery for 8, basic spices, herbs, tea and coffee). Two bedrooms have a queen size bed and two bedrooms have a double bed. A single bed can be added to one bedroom with a double bed. The main bath has a tub and shower combination, as well as a front loading washer and dryer. There is a second separate powder room.
Servicios y zonas comunes
The suite is self-contained, with a front door entrance. An outdoor patio table, chairs and umbrella are available for your use also.
Atención a los huéspedes
We hosted international homestay students for 10 years and enjoyed sharing our knowledge and love of Vancouver with guests, as well as making lasting friends from Asia, South America and Europe. Christian was transplanted from France 40+ years ago, about the same time as Meelie emigrated from Saskatchewan (no relation to Jimmy Pattison). Christian is an avid cyclist, Meelie a recreational cyclist and powerwalker, and share a love of cooking, food, wine, craft beer and single malts.
We can provide cycling and road maps, recommendations for local places to eat and drink,(al fresco with service - QE Park, Jericho Sailing Club, Provence Marinaside, Joe Fortes), kayak, hike, people watch, entertain children or your inner child, and live like a local. We are only a 5 minute drive away if needed, and are also reachable by mobile/text/email.
Otros aspectos destacables
This 4BR suite is one of two suites in the house. The upstairs suite is occupied by family - including two pre-schoolers. Expect to hear the pitter patter of little feet from time to time.
We hope you will make yourself at home and enjoy your stay! We enjoy cordial relations with our neighbours and our upstairs tenant, so the only rules are related to being good neighbours:
1. No smoking (of any kind) please. This is a non-smoking house.
2. No shoes inside. Please remove your shoes inside the suite. The floors are wood and tile, and slippers or socks will not only make cleaning easier, it will be quieter.
3. This is a quiet residential neighbourhood, with tenants in the upstairs suite (who don't wear shoes indoors or smoke). Please keep noise levels to a respectful and reasonable level, especially after 10PM, inside and outdoors, to respect our tenants' and our neighbours' right to quiet enjoyment of their indoor and outdoor spaces.
4. No parties or additional overnight guests other than those registered in your reservation, please.
5. Please use the recycling and compost containers which are provided.
6. Only ONE off street parking space is provided. Note that street parking in front of the house is for "Residents Only".