Información sobre este anuncio
Welcome to The Hen House! Enjoy your own private mini guest cabin in Los Angeles' Mid City, which is literally the middle of Los Angeles! Mid City is L.A.'s most densely populated enclave and the new hipster playground with hot restaurants and a culturally diverse crowd. Most everything is 10-20 minutes away from here: Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Downtown L.A., Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Koreatown, Hancock Park, LAX and more! Check us out on Instagram @henhousela
**Thank you for our SUPERHOST Status!!**
The "Hen House" is our remodeled mini guest cabin (150 sq ft) in the backyard of our 1919 Spanish-style house purchased from Eartha Kitt and her then husband.
Our converted garage first had plans to be a fancy chicken coop, when we decided it was better suited to house our friends, family and music clients visiting Los Angeles.
Our 150 sq ft space includes a queen pillow top mattress (super soft!), a kitchenette (mini fridge, toaster, Keurig, electric kettle, hot plate, convection oven, microwave, cookware, silverware, glasses), tv (local channels + Amazon Firestick with Hulu, NetFlix, Sling etc), wifi, super high ceilings and french doors. We also provide a small selection of Keurig coffee cups (to purchase more, Ralphs is two blocks away), sweetners, teas, creamer, snacks and water. Our Hen House is a relaxing, comfortable and peaceful place in the heart of the city.
Please enjoy our completely remodeled spa-like bathroom. Relax in our newly tiled shower (for two) after a great day of sightseeing! The bamboo "forest" outside adds to the peaceful zen vibe. It comes stocked with towels, a hair dryer, toilet paper and hotel-size soap, body wash, shampoo and lotion. NOTE: The bathroom is not in the Hen House. It is about 10 steps away attached to our music studio, "next door". It is private and you do not share it with anyone. Think of it as glamping! Our guests do!
The Hen House is professionally cleaned prior to your stay. The bed is made up "Hotel Style" with triple sheeting.
The Hen House is equipped with a ceiling fan and a wall air conditioner unit. We also have an exhaust fan for cooking. We have windows at the top of the Hen House that are great for letting out hot air. You can find a plug-in heater in the Hen House and one the bathroom. California currently has a voluntary call for consumers
to conserve electricity - please be mindful of the power you use!
We have a working music studio on the property. As Amani is a Grammy-winning studio engineer, producer, composer and DJ, many artists come to have sessions. Perhaps you may run into someone? :) If you are an artist and need a studio, please let us know for a special rate.
Our backyard is now officially a Certified Wildlife Habitat and a Monarch Waystation! Although we live in the city, we do have a flock of wild parrots (that usually fly overhead around 12 noon), blue jays, a random duck or two, woodpeckers, raccoons, opossums and hawks. We also have a brook that runs through the neighborhood.
Servicios y zonas comunes
The Hen House also includes a private patio with a bistro table for two, lounge chairs, a gas bbq and a charcoal bbq and an organic garden with various fruits & veggies for you to pick (depending on what's ready and in season!). Feel free to really rest and relax - grill outside, practice yoga (we even supply a yoga mat!), get in some sun or read a book on your patio. Our sunny weather practically allows this year round!
Atención a los huéspedes
We are here to help you, though we try our best to stay out of your way! Many of our guests love their privacy while others like a more hands-on approach. Please let us know which you prefer!
We live in Longwood Highlands, a historic district located in Mid City Los Angeles. We have a wonderful mix of neighbors of diverse cultures and ages. Many of our neighbors are professional writers, music producers, tv producers, musicians and local business owners. We have a Ralphs grocery store, Planet Fitness gym, Starbucks, Ulta Beauty, Subway, GNC, Jamba Juice, Wing Stop, Pizza Rev, CVS and more all within walking distance. Our neighborhood is a safe one, but as in any large city, please watch your surroundings. Please keep our property gate locked at all times.
We are within walking distance of the Pico/Rimpau Transit Center (local bus station) where you can catch a bus to pretty much anywhere in Los Angeles. UBER also comes within 5-10 minutes.
Otros aspectos destacables
Our guests are usually dog lovers as we have a 100+ pound pit bull. He is super sweet and just might lick you to death if you are lucky. :) He loves making new friends! We also dog sit a 1 year old Golden Retriever once a month - she just might lick you to death too! Both love making new friends - but we do try to keep them away from guests to not bother them during their stay.
We "inherited" two cats when we moved into the property years ago. They are both outdoor cats and usually hang around the front of our house and at our neighbor's. If you are allergic: They have no interest in going in the back of the property, where the Hen House is located, and do not use the furniture. They consider the backyard, the dogs' domain. If you are not allergic, and want to interact, Marley and Moon may come up to greet you if you call them. Otherwise, they keep their distance. They also get routine flea medicine.
If you have a car, we have ample street parking. There is street cleaning on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9am 12pm.
Our gardener comes every Wednesday between 10am-12pm - please keep that in mind if you sleep in!
1. To get to the Hen House, you must walk on uneven grass. Please keep this in mind if you wear heels or are not steady on your feet.
2. To ensure the safety of our music studio, we do have security cameras on the property. There are NO cameras inside the Hen House nor in the bathroom.
3. The Hen House is only 150 sq ft. If you are not sure how small that is, we suggest you find out prior to your stay! It will work for long-term stays, if you are comfortable with the size. Our longest stay, so far, has been 40 straight days!
4. NO parties. NO outside guests (unless OK'd by us). Our house rules were put in place to keep you and our property safe!
Thank you in advance for respecting our house rules, they are very important to us. Please read them thoroughly, and follow them. If you have any questions regarding them or don't understand them, please let us know. :)
(1) Please keep a reasonable volume as to not disturb our neighbors after hours. This means loud music etc.
(2) No outside guests are permitted on our property unless arranged between registered guest and owner. If you want to bring someone by, please let us know. If you want someone to spend the night, please let us know as the $12 extra guest fee applies to them too. If you bring people on our property, outside of the original reservation and not ok'd by us, you will be fined $100 per person. NO PARTIES - NO EXCUSES.
(3) Please remember to keep our property's gate closed and locked at all times! We have dogs on our property and we would like them to stay there! :)
(4) Please leave the house in the same condition you found it as when you first arrived. Please wash any dishes you use during your stay. Please do not put food down our kitchenette sink!
(5) No smoking allowed inside the Hen House. Outdoor smoking is fine - but please dispose of your cigarette butts responsibly!
(6) Please turn off the electricity, heaters and the AC before leaving for the day or evening. But please feel free to leave on outside lights if leaving for the evening - we want your path back to the Hen House to be well-lit! :)
(7) California is in a DROUGHT! Please be mindful of the water you use and help us save a little!
(8) Please do not put items down the toilet other than toilet paper!
(9) Check out is at 11am. If you are not out by then, and have not discussed a late check out with us, you will be charged for an extra night at the rate you have locked in.
Please make sure you have reviewed the Hen House rules prior to booking. We need to ensure we keep YOU safe, our property safe and that we are respectful to our neighbors. :)
Puedes cancelar hasta 5 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso completo, incluidas las tarifas de servicio.
We are L.A. natives that work in the entertainment industry (Publicist and Music Producer/Composer/DJ). When we have time off we enjoy gardening, traveling, great food and fabulous conversation. We welcome everyone!! Our home is our sanctuary -- we look forward to you enjoying it as much as we do!