Perfect Universal Studios / North Hollywood "Hotel"!
We're close to NoHo Arts District (1.9km Metro + bars, restaurants), 20min walk to Universal Studios, 1 metro ride to Hollywood, 2 metro rides to Santa Monica Pier / Beach.
Private bedroom + private bathroom in a designer decorated home with pool, jacuzzi & a sunny courtyard.
Free $25 Taxi (Lyft/Uber) Credit in description!
We encourage guests to eat in the courtyard near the pool - it's great and keeps the room clean.
Our guest bedroom for rent has been likened to a hotel - come see for yourself!
The house is...
- Easy to get around LA
- Close to bus / metro
- Easy free parking
- Walking distance to Universal Studios (+ Universal Metro stop) & NoHo arts district and the Universal Hilton
- 1 metro stop from Hollywood walk of fame, the stars on the sidewalk, hollywood museums and hop on / hop off tour bus stops.
FREE $15 TAXI CREDIT -- (URL HIDDEN) install on your phone, pay via phone, no cash - easy & slick.
== Metro Stops: =====
1. North Hollywood = 1.3 miles (2.09 km) (20min walk; 5min on bus 224)
2. Universal City (Universal Studios) =
I think it's like a nice 4 star hotel, personally, and since the Holiday Inn down the street is $170/night, and Universal Hilton is about $210/night, it's substantially cheaper and definitely more fun.
We have a private light and bright guest room available with a "full" size bed and also a futon that folds out that can easily sleep a child or adult under 5'7" (~170cm). Your guest bathroom is 95% yours - we have our own bathroom in our master suite, though my son or any guests may use it from time to time.
We have nice air flow, maid cleaning service, and linens are of course washed for every guest. There's central air conditioning and heat, security systems, and all the comforts you'd want.
The room has flat screen TV, computer, DVD player and high speed internet with WiFi. We have a large private patio area with darts, we have laundry (washer and dryer) you're welcome to use.
There's always excellent coffee, and you're welcome to some fruit or cereal in the mornings. The communal courtyard has a jacuzzi (year-round) and pool [heated ~ May-Oct]. The courtyard is nice - it has tables and lounge chairs for a bit of sun, and it's a quiet oasis away from the city.
There are some great restaurants and pubs in NoHo arts neighborhood, full on party clubs 2-3 metro stops away, and it's walking distance to Universal Citywalk / Universal Studios. Around the block is Tiki No, a great tropical-themed bar, and Vegan Lotus, a healthy asian restaurant, and within a 15 minute walk are 30+ more restaurants including Federal Bar (great food & happy hour), Republic of Pie, and more.
Note there are two cats, but they're never allowed in the bedrooms (only in common areas + outside). Between the wood floors, robotic floor cleaners, and keeping things clean our past guests with cat allergies haven't had any problems. I have cat allergies myself and don't have any problems, and the couch is vacuumed 2x/day.
Welcome! It's a great home. We love this home and are hope you have a great stay.
Getting here from LAX Airport:
Best is take the "Flyaway" bus for $7 downtown to Union Station, then the red line metro right to our house (Universal stop, 15min walk). If you message me in advance, most times I can pick you up from the metro station (5 min drive, 15min walk). If you have a late flight, I can pick you up for $40 (depending on schedule)(note: it's about a 45 minute drive; I recommend this if you are arrive late i.e. midnight, but charge because it's about 2 hours door to door).
Hollywood (aka "Hollywood Proper") is about 10min away or 2 metro stops. West Hollywood is about 20 min by car driving right through laurel canyon to the Sunset Strip. Downtown is about 35 min by metro (best + easy)
The Beach / ocean / Santa Monica, Malibu, etc. is about 30 min by car or about 2 hours by bus. Best path: Red line metro to 7th Street hub downtown LA, get out and walk around a bit, then hop back on & take the Expo line to Culver city, then take a short bus ride to the beach.
Note we do not allow spur-of-the-moment guests without prior consent, i.e. someone you just met at a bar. If you meet a cute guy or gal for a travel romance, please do it at their house.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Private room with a lock, full size bed, futon that folds out, flat screen TV and DVD player, sound system with a jack for your phone, wi-fi with fast internet (30 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up), shared living room, courtyard with pool (heated ~ May-Oct) and Jacuzzi (heated year-round), our private patio (great for dinner or breakfast!), shared kitchen, refrigerator for restaurant leftovers or take-out food.
Atención a los huéspedes
Our goal is that you feel like it's a hotel. We usually chat a little bit with guests as they come and go, but otherwise we'll "politely ignore you" - just to give you space and privacy if you prefer.
You'll have a private room strictly to yourself like a hotel, and a bathroom of your own.
That said, for guests who care to join us for tea / coffee / a beer we enjoy meeting travelers!
Otros aspectos destacables
Our #1 question: How to get here from LAX airport:
=== IF NO CAR / MASS TRANSIT (Most Common) ===
Best if not renting a car is take the flyaway bus ($7) to Union Station, then take the red line metro to North Hollywood ($1.75 + $1 for the card so $2.50, but you can get a day pass for $6 unlimited rides then pop back to hollywood, etc.).
Once at the North Hollywood ("NoHo") stop, you can walk (18 min), or bus 224 (~7min, $1.75)
Taxis from LAX are about $70 with tip, Uber is about $50, shuttles are about $25 per person.
From Burbank Airport: Easy - taxi should be about $7, a 10 minute drive. If my schedule allows, I will pick you up (free) from Burbank airport.
=== VIA CAR ===
GPS is reliable, and the house is easy to find. Parking is free (no meters) on Vineland but please read the street sweeping signs (Thurs 10am to noon on one side, then Friday 10-12 on the other is no parking). Do not park in the red curb area out front, that is for police / ambulance / fire only.
==== LEFT ITEMS ====
On rare occasions we've had guests leave valuables here (i.e. ipads, phones). Once we shipped this to a guest in china, and she didn't pay us back - so if anything is left and must be shipped to you, we charge a $75 fee, the balance of which will be refunded with a receipt (i.e. you just pay for actual postage, but you need to pay up front). For reference, shipping an iPad to Australia with tracking was $66.90. Please ensure you have your belongings so you don't have to deal with this. :-)
Ok, we do have a few rules - just around keeping the place clean and a relaxing oasis of rest and personal time.
3 Important rules:
1. Door closed so it clicks - don't let the cats out. Pull it hard and you'll hear it.
2. Please eat in the kitchen or patio, we like it clean :-)
3. Shoes off if you don't mind.
the longer version...
1. Shoes off is our general policy especially in the bedrooms. We have a robotic mint floor cleaner we run frequently and keep things clean, that said, please take off your shoes when coming in. It keeps the house cleaner, and feels more like a sanctuary too! You're welcome to leave in the foyer or carry them to your room.
2. Please don't let the cats out. They're never allowed in the guest room, and the linens and towels have been freshly washed before your arrival so you won't have to worry about cat hair anywhere except on the cats themselves. We vacuum the couch daily. They're allowed on the patio, please just ensure they don't get out the front door.
3. We'd ask you eat in the kitchen, or on the patio just to ensure we don't end up with crumbs, etc. in the guest room. Please use coasters for drinking water in the bedroom.
4. It's quiet time after about 9pm weekdays and 11pm Sat/Sun. The TV or music that's not too loud is fine, just be respectful and we'll do our part to ensure you get rest too!
5. Feel free to use the kitchen, dining table, patio, living room. Please clean up after yourself... don't be shy - dishes can get rinsed off and put into the dishwasher, we won't mind a bit. Please don't eat anything in the bedroom, though water is fine - we just want to keep it clean.
6. Extra clean sheets or towels will be provided upon request. There are 4 pillows on the bed and more in the closet, all clean, so you should be quite comfortable.
7. No parties or guests/strangers are allowed in the house that were not booked and approved by us through Airbnb. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis when first approved by us (the Host). The condo complex has some rules about groups around the pool but you'd be fine out there with a few people, just not a party. I think technically the complex says no alcohol around the pool, however, it doesn't seem too enforced as long as one is not visibly drunk or loud and if you want to mix a piña colada and take it to the pool, we won't mind a bit and you wouldn't be the first. That said, no big beer parties out there, that would get nixed. Just because we don't know your guests or even how well you know them, we'd ask for our security you don't bring guests into the home, though there are plenty of great places to meet just steps away.
That said, there are some great fun bars right down the street if you're meeting some people and want to stay up late and get your drink on! For card-carrying medical marijuana fans (state-legal in CA), there are even some legal dispensaries around the corner.
Helpful FYI-only info:
1. Street sweeping is Thurs and Friday, be sure to read the signs these days. Other days are fine on either side and there's plenty of street parking.
3. Getting around: We're walking distance to either the Universal metro stop (adjacent to Universal Studios) or North Hollywood (NoHo Arts District - lots of theaters and bars). Both are about 10-15 min walks. Buses can take you all over, about 20 min to Warner Bros by bus or bike.
Este anfitrión tiene 2 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones