Villa at Waters Edge is a good value for what it is, but don't expect the luxury throughout that the photos might imply. First the positives:
1. Full use of the main floor: master suite, guest bedroom, entertainment room, kitchen/dining/living area and 2 full baths with rain showers.
2. A/C and heat worked well and shower pressure and hot water were good. the gas fireplace that opens to both the master bedroom and the great room is a nice touch
3. Pleasant property on an inlet off Lake Wylie
4. Very comfortable bedding - lots of pillows, high thread count sheets, etc.
5. Great bath accessories - towels were fluffy and plentiful, shampoo and soap were of high quality, plenty of paper products
Not quite up to snuff:
1. While definitely reflecting an interior designer's good tastes, the furnishings were a bit tired and in some cases falling apart.
2. The kitchen appliances were dated at best and far below the standards of the rest of the property. Utensils served their purpose, but were mostly a hodgepodge. there is no garbage disposal...
3. While the lighting truly enhances the property, there were so many burnt out bulbs (one or two for every section of the villa) that I wondered if the the owner had ever been there.
4. If you are looking for a lake "view" this is not the place, though the property overlooks an inlet and has a small and private yard.
As I said though, it IS a good value. After all, you get complete use of a home that has some very high points and it is just 20 minutes from the airport. If you are expecting perfection however, it falls short.