I love my home's energy, light, and warmth, and I hope it makes you feel welcome! All I ask is that you treat it like it was your own. 7 main rules:
1. NO SMOKING, inside the home, in the garden, or in the driveway.
2. We are incredibly lucky to have this secluded canal-front spot that includes one parking space. BUT it is both tight and limited so the parking instructions (that we will email to you a week prior to arrival) are critical! To respect our neighbors, fellow canal path users, and your vehicle, please read these guidelines carefully before you head over to Secret Garden. If anything seems unclear, just send a text or call - I am here to help.
3. You will also need special driving directions to reach Secret Garden. GPSs do not work on the canal path where we are located, so driving directions will be emailed to you the week before your stay.
4. Shoes off at door, please. (heels on stairs make a lot of noise!) Quiet hours in town start at 10pm.
5. I am a big cook and have a well-equipped kitchen. I like for you to enjoy it, but I ask you to respect certain guidelines (outlined on Welcome Letter when you arrive) and to use the pans/tools/etc respectfully, leaving them exactly as you have found them. In other words, treat the kitchen as your own.
6. House abuts 2 other homes in this quaint historic area, so the gardens on either side of Secret Garden's brick patio are private. Everyone is very friendly, but to respect privacy (and to prevent Melanie's K9 from getting out of garden gate), please contain your garden use to only the brick patio area, and always use FRONT/DRIVEWAY DOOR to enter/exit Secret Garden.
7. Remember that I am here to help!
Thank you and welcome to the River Towns!
Cancela hasta 7 días antes de tu viaje y obtén un reembolso del 50 %. Cancela en los 7 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la reserva.
I'm a 53 year old founder of a travel design service called Rare Finds Travel. I plan unique trips for adventurous travelers -- think treehouses and 5* cave hotels, truffle hunting and swimming with 25' mantas and you've got the right idea.
I have 4 grown sons, living from Nepal to Santa Barbara, and I currently live in an historic home on the canal in Lambertville NJ with my K9 Patrick.
I love the outdoors and all things on or near the water! I am a huge Foodie - if it doesn't walk off my plate, I eat it! And I love to read - especially memoirs, travel stories, and history.
I enjoy hosting. It feels great to welcome folks into my town and point them in the direction of my favorite hikes, introduce them to my restauranteur friends.
I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to my rivertown, Lambertville!