This 300 year old hacienda, located 35 minutes southwest from Santiago, Chile, in the Central Maipo wine country, is set among 10 acres of gardens, fruit orchards and centuries old trees, offering the best way for guests to discover the Maipo Valley, its many vineyards, micro-breweries and artisan villages. Please contact us immediately if you have any questions regarding the property or the activities we offer before deciding to book. Please look at our reviews on Trip Advisor:Casona Carrera
The Casona Carrera has up to 6 very spacious rooms with 4 full bathrooms. The regular rental includes 4 rooms with 3 bathrooms, kitchen and living room. For groups or families the whole property of 6 rooms and 4 bathrooms can be rented to accommodate up to 12 people. Please contact us for special pricing for groups.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests will enjoy the privacy of their wing of the house and have access to all communal guest spaces such as the pool, gardens, extensive grounds.
Atención a los huéspedes
In addition to accommodation, Casona Carrera offers a variety of activities such as vineyard and micro-brewery visits in the area. Guests can also participate in activities such as wine or beer pairing lunches and cooking classes. Excursions to Santiago, the Pacific coast and local artisan villages can also be arranged. Meals can be arranged at an additional cost. Please contact us if you need more details before making your decision.
Otros aspectos destacables
1) Honoring the original architecture and design of the casona, no air conditioning has been installed in the rooms or public spaces. The adobe construction, four-meter ceiling height and desert-like climate keep the interior spaces very cool, even on the hottest days of the summer.
2) The property is home to five loving and playful dogs. If you have any allergies or concerns about the dogs please contact us in advance. The dogs will maintain a schedule so as not to interfere with guests during meals.
3) Being in an active agricultural area and having extensive gardens, we share the property with many little garden critters, such as ants, garden spiders, etc. Our staff works hard to keep our garden friends in the garden, but sometimes they wander into guest areas. Please let us know immediately of any problems in the guest areas.
4) WiFi is available in the guest living room. Due to the adobe construction, the WiFi does not reach guest rooms.
5) We see the Casona Carrera as a great opportunity to disconnect and enjoy the beauty of the Chilean wine country, so guest rooms do not have televisions.
6) At times the owners may be in their suite on the private side of the house. They only interact with guests if the guests desire to. If guests have an issue with this, please bring it to our attention.
1) Check-in / check-out: Check-in and Check-out can be arranged for each client.
2) Casona Carrera is a non-smoking establishment. Smoking is not allowed in any interior spaces of the hotel, including guest rooms. As the Casona has extensive open grounds, we do allow smoking in outside areas, as long as smokers are responsible for the proper disposal of smoking related waste.
3) No pets allowed.
4) Guests have their own kitchen to use. There are options for eating out near the Casona in different villages and vineyards. Lunch options will be included during any guest activities outside the Casona. Lunch can also be arranged at the Casona with advance notice and at an additional cost. A daily dinner menu that reflects the best local ingredients will be offered to guests at an additional cost. Also there are a few local restaurants specializing in traditional Chilean countryside cuisine. There will also be a selection of local wine and beer available for purchase.
6) Reception: Due to our boutique size, we do not maintain a regular reception area. The property caretaker lives on-site and management lives across the street from the Casona, and is available by phone and is usually on-site during the day.
7) At times the owners may be in their suite on the private side of the house. They only interact with guests if the guests desire to. If guests have an issue with this, please bring it to our attention.
Originally I'm from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I moved to Chile 9 years ago traveling the world and had no intention of staying very long. Then I started learning about wine and working in wine tourism and now I am managing two colonial properties, Casona Carrera and Casona El Trebal, dedicated to wine and foodie tourism, while making my own wine from local Maipo Valley grapes. My first vintage was a Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot and Carmenere blend. I've become very good friends with all the local vineyard owners and winemakers and love the opportunity to show people what REAL Chilean wine is all about. It's not just your $5 dollar Merlot anymore!!