Classic period piece! Unusually spacious (third floor) 1 BR in elegant 1920's Berkeley building, renovated and decorated with European flair. Comfortable, stylish and fully furnished. Washer/dryer inside the apartment! Available from September 15th.
Location: This 1 bedroom apartment is located in a classic 1920’s Berkeley building, with intriguing architectural detail inside and out. It’s 12 blocks ( 1.4 miles, 27 minutes walking ) from the UC campus, about a 13 minute walk from the Rockridge BART station, (0.6 mile) on a bus route, and with easy and close freeway access from Claremont Avenue.
10 minutes walk, 0.5 of a mile to Alta Bates Hospital.
Kitchen is equipped to make cooking easy, but many interesting restaurants are within three blocks either direction along College Avenue.
Many small coffee and tea houses, bakeries, specialty restaurants, bookstores, boutiques and grocery stores on College Avenue -- all within easy walking distance in either direction. Whole Foods is a half mile away at Ashby and Telegraph Avenues.
Accommodation: It’s ideal for 1-2 people. Furnished and decorated with 1some 1920’s style artwork, the apartment is spacious (780 sq ft, or 73 sq meters). It's at the front of building, with special sound deadening bedroom windows. The spacious eat-in kitchen is fully equipped with granite countertops and a dishwasher. The living/dining room is comfortable for relaxing, and the desk in a breakfast and also be used as a dining table. The bathroom has an over-the-tub shower and original 1920s tiles. Washer and a dryer are inside the unit!
There is a front entrance and a back entrance. Lots of closet and cupboard space. The floors are refinished original hardwood throughout except in the kitchen and bathroom, which feature tile floors with French Provincial designer inserts.
Our rates are all-inclusive. We pay the Berkeley business license tax, but it is not charged to you.
As for availability there is no need to inquire since the calendar is always up to date - but you have to search around the web page a little to locate the button "view calendar".
Interaction: Our delightful and enthusiastic hosts Binyam and Bruk (originally from Ethiopia) live nearby. One of them will welcome you when you arrive and will be available during your stay by phone or e-mail to answer any questions. Otherwise, you will have the place to yourself – we respect your privacy, and you won’t be disturbed.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Atención a los huéspedes
Available by text or cell phone at all times as are our assistant managers and we will be happy to answer questions such as where to go locally to hear live music.
Otros aspectos destacables
The fine print:
•Minimum 14 day stay
•No smoking anywhere in the building or the common areas! (A recent Berkeley City ordinance now prohibits smoking anywhere in multi-unit buildings.)
• This is a quiet residential apartment building. Please respect your neighbors – no parties or loud noise. Quiet time is from 10 PM to 7:30 AM.
•Please remove your outdoor shoes - or wear soft shoes or slippers inside the apartment. Your downstairs neighbors will appreciate your treading softly on the hardwood floors
•Sorry, no pets.
•For residential purposes only (home office OK).
The fine print:
• Minimum stay 14 days. This is a City of Berkeley requirement.
• Our rates are all-inclusive. We pay the Berkeley business license tax and rent registration fees, but those are not charged to you.
• Check-in 3:00 pm or later; check-out by 11:00 a.m. Any changes to these times need to be arranged in advance.
• Please let us know your approximate arrival time. If you are likely to arrive after 10:00 pm, we will provide self check-in instructions.
• Absolutely NO smoking anywhere in the apartment, on the deck or elsewhere on the property! A Berkeley City ordinance prohibits it in apartments and common areas of multi-unit dwellings.
•Please, no parties or loud noise – this is a quiet residential neighborhood, and we want to keep it that way.
• Sorry, no pets.
• Treat the apartment with care - as you would for your own home.
• The apartment has hardwood floors. Please remove your shoes, or wear soft shoes or slippers, when inside the apartment. The residents below will appreciate it.
• Please respect other residents of the building – introduce yourself when you see them.
Cancela hasta 7 días antes de tu viaje y obtén un reembolso del 50 %. Cancela en los 7 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la reserva.
Este anfitrión tiene 286 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Born in England, now living in California for many years. Two (!!) graduate degrees from UC Berkeley. Frequent travel – tired of chain hotels. I have been an Airbnb guest in the US and several other countries and have appreciated the experience of staying in a real home, a place with warmth and character, in an interesting walkable neighborhood. That’s what my co-host (my husband Jack) and I offer you, too, in Berkeley – a vibrant town with an internationally renowned university, distinctive architecture, innovative restaurants, serious coffee houses, bookstores, parks, museums, theater, a lively music scene – and conveniently close to San Francisco.