We are ONLY 1 block from IPANEMA BEACH, just minutes from Copacabana. Our Art Deco Villa is in the center of Rio's restaurant & boutique district. We've personally designed all the furniture w/local favela artists & renovated the apt to maintain its 1930s charm. We're a Brazilian/California couple that speaks your language but also gives you a taste of local Culture. We've been featured in Esquire Magazine & Elle as the TOP place to stay in Ipanema.
OUR PHILOSOPHY: Our home is a space where people can come who don’t speak Portuguese and still feel like a) they live in Rio b) they have someone to take care of them c) and get a sincere glimpse of how real Brazilians live without the touristy gimmicks nor the hassles of this chaotic city. I am a California native who has been traveling/living abroad for 15 years and created what I look for, somewhere you can have personal space, yet still have good conversation over breakfast with a local who speaks your language. I have restored this 3 bedroom colonial villa 1 block from Ipanema Beach, designed all the furniture with local favela artists and embrace local Brazilian traditions including the music playing throughout the day and the homemade breakfast every morning. We don't let you get lost in the Touristy Nonsense....we go to Samba in the streets, we go have beers in local neighborhoods, we make friends with real people. This is a space to share, explore, heal, relax and be inspired. This is your home in Rio de Janeiro.
Ipanema, the world's most interesting beach, is at your doorstep. Everyday you will be woken up by the smell of the ocean, a breakfast of fresh fruit, samba musicians on the sidewalk, capoeira dancers on the beach and the possibility of vibrant memories.
Free hi-speed wireless internet
24-hour Camera Security system
NEW Air Conditioning - personal climate control in each room
Great water pressure and instant hot water
European Tempur-Pedic queen size beds
Complimentary filtered water (unlimited)
Personal petit balconies with french doors in every room
French bed linens and towels
Safe available - for securing valuables
A copy of a 'Local's Guide to Rio' written by us waiting on your bed
Pick-up service to/from airport
Weekly gym membership (1 block from the house)
Secure underground parking lot (additional fee)
Local guide maps
Laundry services (additional fee)
In-house massage (additional fee)
Iron / hair dryer
20 min - Christ the Redeemer
5 min - Copacabana
25 min - Lapa
50 min - International Airport (GIG: Rio Galeão - Tom Jobim)
30 min - Domestic Airport (SDU: Santos Dumont)
Servicios y zonas comunes
- Guests will have their private rooms with individual petit balconies and are invited to make themselves at home.
- Guests will share a large luxurious full bathroom.
- The living room provides an inviting atmosphere for taking in the moment after a long day at the beach, listening to classic and underground Brazilian music we always have playing or having an afternoon cocktail.
Atención a los huéspedes
I will be on premises 24 hours a day to help with any detail to improve your time here in Rio, in Brazil and South America as a whole. I have created an oasis for you to take in the vibrancy of this country. I will be up with you every morning to cook you breakfast and discuss what you want to do with your day. I want you to feel as comfortable as possible while you are here.
Otros aspectos destacables
We have a LOCAL EXCURSION Team to help you see the Real Side of Rio!
Walk, Eat or Dance the streets of Rio with a local who speaks your language. Our Team offers a variety of 'non-touristy' excursions that provide a glimpse of the real Rio and offers you a chance to feel a part of the city and experience the everyday pleasures like a local.
- a night out at a Samba Party
- afternoon in a local favela: Rocinha (a non-voyeuristic visit where we go to meet locals, have a beer with them, shop at the flea market, have an açai, see the chicken market, the fresh herb stand, the murals, etc)
- futebol (soccer) match w/a local Brazilian
- personal training with a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion
- paragliding / hang gliding
- stand-up paddle
- hiking with a Brazilian local
- sightseeing by motorcycle
- dinner party at the Casa with Brazilian dishes and cocktails (2-4 people)
- beach hopping: Grumari, Prainha (local wild beaches on the outskirts of town)
Guests are asked to treat the space as if it was their own. There are no guests allowed on the property other than those who are staying here.