Información sobre este anuncio
Our Penthouse apartment is truly a one-off property on Koh Tao. Its vaulted ceiling and open plan design are instantly striking, giving the sense of space and light, and its panoramic views of Koh Nang Yuan, and the Gulf of Thailand are spectacular.
Koh Tao Star Villa is a modern villa nestled in jungle clad hills overlooking Sairee Beach, the longest and most popular beach on Koh Tao. It enjoys a superb location, near the end of a private road, giving you peace & isolation, and very easy access to Sairee Beach where there is a huge variety of bars, restaurants and clubs to suit all tastes. We provide a free taxi service to/from Sairee Town up to 10.30 at night and the use of a mobile phone for your convenience.
Koh Tao Star Villa blends Thai architecture with western concepts to produce a sophisticated living space in a tropical jungle setting; and by integrating indoor and outdoor spaces we have made the most of its elevation (about 80 meters above sea level) and the geography of the area to provide naturally cooled accommodation.
Perched on the side of the hill, Koh Tao Star Villa is overlooked by a huge granite boulder and there is a temple just behind the villa. The Penthouse has nearly 200 square meters of living space providing ample room for up to 6 people. There is an open-plan living/dining/kitchen area; 2 bathrooms (one en-suite), two fully furnished, air conditioned bedrooms with king sized beds; a library on the mezzanine floor; and a large wrap-around west facing terrace. Add to this some high quality Yamaha audio/visual equipment, free Wifi, stunning panoramic sea, jungle and sunset views and customer service that goes "the extra nine yards" (including our free taxi service till 10.30pm) and you have an amazing place to stay on Koh Tao.
The Penthouse at Koh Tao Star Villa is designed for 4 people but can accommodate just 2 people at discounted rates (please enquire).
It can also accommodate 6 with an extra mattress set up in the library on the mezzanine floor. For the sake of clarity, the mattress is a queen sized inflatable mattress supplied with linen, pillows, extra towels and dressing gowns; this would be located in the library. Please note that this room is not air-conditioned. It does have floor standing fans for cooling but there is no air-con. The air-con units in the bedrooms are designed for and are the right power to cool the bedrooms only. They cannot be used to cool the whole Penthouse. Please note that there is an ADDITIONAL charge (1,000 baht per night) for the supply of the extra mattress. The price quoted by Airbnb is for 4 persons only. This additional cost is payable in Thai Baht (cash) at check-in.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Please note that Star Villa is on the side of a hill and as such there are many stairs and it is not suitable for the elderly or persons with walking difficulties. For this reason, we also do not take children under the age of 10.
There is a games room at Star Villa with a professional quality pool table, darts board and assorted board games.
The two one-bedroom apartments at Star Villa share a huge terrace. We do ask that you respect the privacy of the guests in the other apartment and do not treat the whole terrace as your own.
Atención a los huéspedes
We (Alan & Heidi) are available almost all the time to give you any help that you need including hints and ideas for places to see, things to do and places to eat/drink.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please note that the Penthouse at Koh Tao Star Villa is designed for 4 people but can accommodate just 2 people at discounted rates (please enquire). This special offer is for 2 people sharing one bedroom - the second bedroom (and en-suite bathroom) will be closed off.
This is a copy of our House Rules:
At Koh Tao Star Villa we are committed to providing you with first class accommodation and service and in return we ask that you respect our beautiful villa, its contents, the surrounding environment and fauna and flora of Koh Tao. We do everything we can to help preserve the fantastic nature and beauty of Koh Tao and we would like to ask for your help in this matter. Koh Tao does not have fresh water mains or sewers so all waste has to be managed, therefore, to all these ends, we require all our guests to follow these simple, common sense, ‘house rules':
- Fresh water is a precious commodity on Koh Tao (we receive far less rainfall than elsewhere) so please be ‘conscientious' with its use especially if you do any hand washing and please use the washing up bowl provided when washing dishes as this also reduces the amount of water used. Please never leave the tap running when washing up or doing laundry.
- Our toilet waste systems cannot handle toilet paper or ladies sanitary products, please dispose of these in the bin next to the toilet.
- No items – crockery, knives, forks, towels, dressing gowns etc., are to be removed from your apartment.
- Beach towels are provided free of charge. Please do not use our white towels for the beach. If you need any other item for any reason please just ask - we are sure we will be able to oblige in some way.
- There is a clothes horse provided for the hanging of wet items, please do not hang any wet towels/clothes etc on the furniture, wooden doors or leave on the bed. With the humidity here things go mouldy very quickly if left damp.
- There is a ‘recycle' bag provided in the kitchen. Please use this bag for unwanted plastic/glass bottles, tins, cans, plastic bags and cardbord.
- Do not put used batteries, aerosol cans or broken glass in the bin – please leave to one side, we will handle these separately for you.
- Unlike some places, we do not use “electronic key fobs" to turn the electric off when you leave the apartment so we do kindly ask that you turn all electrical items off when leaving the apartment (particularly air-conditioning) except your outside lights, where we recommend that you leave these on when going out for the evening as it does get very dark up here on the mountain. But please turn them off when retiring for the night, this will also keep our neighbours happy. If the lights on the stairs are off when you return home you will find the light switch at the bottom of the stairs below the “Koh Tao Star Villa" sign.
- The bedroom(s) has air-conditioning for you to use should you so choose to, but please turn it off when you are not using the bedroom. They are not however, big enough units to cool the whole apartment. When using the air con please close all the bedroom windows and doors.
- Please ensure that all external doors and windows are always secured using the latches provided – the wind can pick up in seconds and replacements are costly.
- No smoking inside the apartment. Please always dispose of cigarette butts responsibly wherever you are on the island. An empty can or bottle will serve as an ashtray until you can dispose of them or bring them back to the Villa where we can dispose of them for you.
- Please be particularly careful with creams, oils, suntan lotion and cosmetics. These are not easily removed from towels, bedding and particularly furniture cushion covers. If we are unable to clean an item we will have to charge for specialist cleaning on Koh Samui or charge for replacements. There are packaged cloths for you to use for wiping suntan/cosmetics etc. from your hands or face. Please feel free to use them.
- Please do not encourage the animals into the apartment.
- All damages, breakages and missing items will be charged for.
- Please note that check-out is by 10.00am.
Please note that if your booking is for more than 4 persons, then there is an ADDITIONAL charge (1,000 baht per night) for the supply of the extra mattress. The price quoted by Airbnb is for 4 persons only! This additional cost is payable in Thai Baht (cash) at check-in.
Puedes cancelar hasta 7 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso del 50 %, más las tarifas de servicio.
Este anfitrión tiene 19 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Originally from the England, we (my wife Heidi and I) have lived on Koh Tao since December 2006. We love our life meeting new people and helping them to get the most out of their stay on Koh Tao.