Información sobre este anuncio
Old World Charmer on a quiet street in the Oakland Hills features views of San Francisco & The Bay.
2 private bedrooms, each with a Queen bed - accommodates 1 person in each room.
The House: There are a few steps to the front door and inside there is a sunken living room (two steps). The (shared) bathroom, kitchen and other accessible spaces are on the main floor.
Guest Room #1: is on the main floor and has a nice firm mattress, desk and closet.
Guest Room #2: is up a flight of stairs, has a nice firm mattress, desk, dresser and large closet.
These rooms are also available separately. Please see listings for each single private room for rates and reviews.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests may relax in the living room, prepare food in the well-appointed kitchen (or pack a lunch to take on a Bay Area adventure), eat in the breakfast nook (with views of the Bay and San Francisco - my favorite!), watch a movie or network show in the den (DIRECTV with tons of channels). Please note that the shared bathroom is the main one for the house.
In The Kitchen: There is access to the usual pots, pans, plates, utensils, glasses and tableware. Space in the refrigerator and freezer is usually available if you would like to store food. Please let the host know your needs.
For those who need caffeine in the morning, you may bring and make your own using the coffee grinder and French press. Or check with me, I may have some Peet's Coffee on hand.
WiFi: We have WiFi available or you may plug into the internet using the LAN connection in the Den.
* No landline - You must have a cell
* This is not a good house for people who are mobility impaired.
Atención a los huéspedes
This is my home - where I rest my head and feed my body and my soul. My hope is that you find it a comfortable place to relax and lay your head.
Interaction with guests depends entirely on the their preference. Meeting and getting to know new people and enjoying great conversation is always welcome. Your privacy will always be respected.
When possible, the host will be in the home at the same time as guests, life and work schedule permitting.
If you have time and a little competitive spirit, let's play a few hands of cards, Cathedral, or Shuttles.
Please feel free to ask questions, for recommendations or directions.
Mottos to live by:
Leave it better than you found it.
It's never wrong to do the right thing.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again... which may now have been superseded by...
Do. Or do no. There is no try.
Otros aspectos destacables
For those folks that may have pet allergies - there are no pets living in the home, however, dogs and cats have visited over the years.
(Please do not bring your pet)
- Sheets & Towels: Host will change sheets and towels weekly (or at the host’s discretion)
- Trash bins in Guest’s room will be emptied on Saturday or Sunday.
- Open Windows (or closed windows) in Guest’s room may be closed (or opened) at the hosts discretion due to hot, cold or inclement weather in order to promote cooling, to prevent heat loss, or to protect the house from rain - depending on the season.
Built in the 1930s, this 80 year old Spanish Revival has its quirks. Please be gentle.
To speed up your reservation confirmation:
1) Profile Photo (https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/67/why-do-i-need-to-have-an-airbnb-profile-or-profile-photo);
2) Verified ID badge (airbnb.com/verify)
3) Complete Profile description and references (if you have no reviews);
4) You have read the Description section: GETTING AROUND
5) You have read the HOUSE RULES (below), and
6) Your inquiry includes an acknowledgement that you have read both the Getting Around section and the House Rules.
(Ugh! As much as I dislike calling them "rules," I find that it helps when we understand the boundaries, so that we may both have a pleasant experience. It also helps keep costs down and allows me to offer lower rates.)
- Short Term Parking in the driveway is permitted only for unloading your vehicle.
- Park in one of the available spots on the street. Host will provide information regarding best places to park and help keep up good relations with the neighbors.
- Remove shoes when you enter the house.
- KEY TABLE: Leave keys on the table by the door to indicate that you are in the house. (This will make more sense when you are here...)
- Exceptions for Check-out times are possible ONLY if arranged at least 24 hours in advance. Fees @ $50 per half-hour will be charged for Late Check-outs, if change is not confirmed in writing through Airbnb-Messaging.
- Eating is allowed Only in the den, kitchen, or breakfast nook.
- NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE IS ALLOWED IN YOUR ROOM. (Water is okay)
* Place in the dishwasher (scrape food into the compost bin and refrain from rinsing), dishes, flatware, etc.
* Pots and pans should be hand washed, dried and put away.
* Knives, wood utensils and wood cutting boards must be hand-washed.
* Clean-up: Spills, splatters, food droppings, wipe down counters, stove, tables, microwave, floor and generally leave the kitchen clean for the next person.
* Use a splatter screen when frying food.
* Store food ONLY in the Kitchen. Let the host know your space needs.
* Space is available in the refrigerator, freezer, cabinet and a basket on the counter for fruit etc.
* Food items that are deemed to be rotten or inedible, will be thrown out at the hosts discretion.
ECO-CONSCIOUS / ECO-FRIENDLY:
- Conserve Water. Use water sparingly, e.g. turn-off water when washing pots or brushing teeth and take quick showers. (Please limit showers to a maximum of 8-minutes.)
- Conserve Electricity. Turn-off lights when you leave a room or the house.
- Recycle. In Oakland, the majority of waste is recycled. Glass bottles and jars, cans (aluminum, bi-metal etc.), certain plastic containers, cardboard (e.g. cereal boxes), and newspaper should be placed in the kitchen recycle bin. (Please check the reference sheet in the kitchen or ask if you have questions)
- Compost. All food waste goes in the collection container at the kitchen sink. Paper plates and food containers (e.g. pizza box, Chinese food box, etc.) may be deposited in the green waste bin outside next to the garage.
- Share the bathroom - limit your time;
- Utilize towel bars (and not bedroom furniture or the floor)
- Window open = blinds open! Winds can come up quickly. When windows are open, blinds must be pulled up to prevent them from becoming sails and causing breakage or being damaged. (e.g. broken windows)
- Quiet after 10 pm.
- DO NOT walk through the Dining Room. Please use the hallway.
- Step softly/lightly. Step softly, especially at night, and gently close doors, cabinets, and drawers. Noise carries through the house. (Hint: If you can hear your footsteps, so can everyone else)
- 24-hr access. If you do come in late, please be mindful and keep noise to a minimum.
- Towels and Linens: Please be respectful of bed sheets and towels. Makeup/foundation, face medications/creams, and tanning products will stain sheets and towels. Please avoid using regular hand/bath towels with all skin products. Guests are not to wash laundry belonging to the host. Unsalvageable sheets or bath towels will be charged to the guest.
- Sheets and towels will be changed weekly or at the hosts discretion.
- In the winter, the house can get chilly, as the heat is turned off at 10PM, and during the work week, the heat is off during the day.
ET CETERA, et cetera, ETC.:
- Strong body fragrances, perfumes or strong aftershaves will be applied in the bathroom only - not in the guest room.
- No smoking (including e-Cigarettes) in or on the property.
- No Cannabis.
- No Drugs.
- No candles.
- No incense.
- No hairspray.
- No tub baths
- No curries or cooking with other strong seasonings or foods that linger.
- No parties, no dinner guests, no entertaining.
- No space heaters.
- No pets.
- No firearms.
- No food or beverages in your room. (Water is okay)
- No overnight visitors.
- Unannounced visitors are NOT ALLOWED in the the house.
- Visitors must be arranged and confirmed with the host at least 24-hours in advance.
- For the security of the house, and for the safety and comfort of other guests and the host, visitors that have not been approved by the host in writing, are NOT ALLOWED in the house.
CAUTION: Violation of one, some or any of these House Rules is cause for immediate cancellation of the guests reservation without refund.
Safety & Security: Guests are required to make sure the house is secure, lock doors and windows, and set the alarm when leaving the house.
Cleanliness: Guests are required to keep the house clean and habitable. If you notice anything that needs attention, please inform the host immediately.
In Winter: The furnace is shut off during sleeping hours - 10 PM to 7 AM. Let the host know if you need extra blankets.
Privacy: The host's quarters, storage areas and other guest's rooms are off-limits.
Please review the House Manual upon acceptance of your reservation.
Please let the host know if you have questions or any special needs.
*Please let the host know immediately if you do experience a spill, so that any damage may be mitigated or avoided.
Cancela hasta 7 días antes de tu viaje y obtén un reembolso del 50 %. Cancela en los 7 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la reserva.
My desire was to create a place that feels warm and comfy - a place where others will find a good spot to relax. I am an artist and Do-It-Yourself-er by night and an Executive Assistant by day. I love to find old things and fix them up. Occasionally I create small watercolor landscapes or go for a drive in my vintage VW Beetle. Oakland is my hometown, so I know a little history about the local neighborhoods and the Bay Area. If you are looking for a quiet place to rest, look no further. ;-)
Please see my three listings:
Lovely Spanish Revival Private Room - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2396712
Spanish Revival Small Private Room - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6000201
Spanish Revival Semi Private Lrg Rm - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11553790