Relax and connect with nature at this local designer's 2 bedroom chalet in the heart of charming Mill Valley. Nestled among trees, you will rejuvenate with deer passing by, wrap around deck, designer bed linens and simple modern decor.
Note: We installed a new luxury central heating system in November 2016 as the last heating system stopped working during a guest stay (as noted in a review). We provided them with electric heaters and then replaced entire system that week. All new now!
Awaken your spirit to a one-of-a-kind retreat space for your vacation. This 2 story urban chalet nestled on a corner lot with a wrap around deck has been designed by Yasmine McGrane (founder of Maison Reve).
The home's intention is to provide a place that inspires guests to relax from the face pace of daily life, reconnect to the present moment, and enjoy the fresh, seasonal bounty of the Bay area.
* Home is perfect for long term guests because it doesn't feel like you are living in someone's personal home. It is tastefully decorated and was completely refurbished. Redesign included: freshly painted throughout in a soft dove grey and white trim, refurbished original large plank hardwood floors everywhere, new sofas in Belgian flax linen, organic cotton sheets from Coyuchi and linen duvet covers from Libeco, brand new Sealy posturepedic mattresses and much more!
* Located on a quiet corner lot among native trees and wandering deer
* 30 minute walk to charming downtown Mill Valley
* Stylishly decorated in mid century modern and Scandinavian decor
* Inspiring vintage treasures throughout from owner's vintage store (URL HIDDEN)
* Upstairs loft with peaked ceiling + skylights overlooks main floor
* Many windows with flower boxes provide lots of natural light
* Galley kitchen with full size fridge, 4 burner stove, wall oven, microwave, coffee maker, popcorn maker, cabinets stocked with inspiring dishware, appliances and cookbooks
* Living area with comfortable high quality belgian linen sofa that converts to full size mattress sleeper bed (note: large windows without curtains in living room looking out to trees and the deck so guest sleeping on sofa bed has to be OK with light and open feel)
* Over-sized designer pillows inspire lounging and reading books
* Double sink bathroom with separate shower and soaking bathtub
* Free wifi in all rooms and flat screen TV in loft with free Netflix access to unlimited adult and kid shows and movies
* Laundry room in basement with full size washer, dryer and folding area
* Wrap around deck leads to lighted flagstone patio and fountain and herb gardens
* 6 foot fence for privacy around entire property and parking for 2 cars
* Lighted front and backyard with relaxing fountain (note: fountain water is currently turned off due to California drought restrictions)
* Trunk with fun kids toys, family games and cozy blankets. Many more bins of kids toys and books in basement!
Upstairs: Open loft area (with relaxing chair for reading, desk for writing poems) and 1 master bedroom (with queen bed, lots of built in drawers and closet)
Main Entry Floor: kitchen (galley kitchen fully stocked with beautiful dishware and chef appliances), dining area, living area (with full bed sleeper sofa), 1 separate bedroom with full size bed (note includes a good size chest of drawers, shelves, side tables and hooks with wooden hangers behind bedroom door for hanging clothes but no closet), 1 bathroom (with double sinks, shower and separate tub), several windows (note: windows look out onto deck and trees but have no curtains so guest has to be OK with natural feel and morning light)
Basement Floor: the basement is accessible by walking outside the main house on exterior deck and down 12 exterior steps. There is a laundry room, unfinished storage room and an extra bedroom with queen size bed on this basement floor. If you need to use this basement bedroom for your stay, please make sure you are OK walking outside the main house with house key at night, to walk across deck and down stairs to unlock basement door and access bedroom. This bedroom has hardwood floors, double door closet, good size window, queen sleigh bed with brand new high quality mattress. While it's private, we want to ensure guests realize you have to walk outside during night time to get to basement and bathroom is on main floor (no bathroom on basement level next to this bedroom). This is why we treat it as a "bonus bedroom" in case you need an extra bed to sleep on and do not include it in our listing as a third bedroom.
Servicios y zonas comunes
Guests access the entire home and exterior property.
Atención a los huéspedes
When guests book their stay, I send them our check in details. I also live in town so am available to answer questions or needs, while still offering guests full privacy during their stay.
Otros aspectos destacables
While many families stay at the house, the upstairs loft has vertical railings that are only a few inches apart. But we like to mention for families with children that it is a loft overlooking downstairs main floor so parents should provide supervision with small children or infants.
1. You must slow down and enjoy the moment during your stay! Relax, laugh and enjoy life and the beautiful nature around you!
2. We have a strict no smoking rule inside or outside the property. Thank you.
3. We require that all guests please remove shoes before entering home (adults and kids too). We have a boot tray at the door for shoes. This way we can keep all the furnishings and beautiful new rugs and restored wood floors fresh and allergy free for you and future guests.
4. The property is in a quiet, residential neighborhood. Please no loud music, parties or events.
5. We hand picked and decorated the home with love for our guests. We ask that you please treat it like it was your own getaway retreat space.
My life is about celebrating ordinary moments everyday. I am a local designer who loves french vintage flea market finds. You can read more about my lifestyle and vintage products online at Maison Reve. I am half french (born in Montreal, mother from Switzerland) and my Australian husband and our two children (Finnegan and Delphine) live in town. We love to go to farmers markets and cook, check out farm-to-table style restaurants and take the ferry into San Francisco to visit art galleries. I am writing my first book right now which I hope inspires others in our American culture to slow down and enjoy simple moments all around us.