Información sobre este anuncio
This welcoming house is in the perfect location, close-in SE, on the Ankeny St. bike boulevard. Whole Foods Market is a 15 minute walk away, as well as, the Laurelhurst movie theater, and a large number of trendy restaurants and cafes such as Screen Door, Navarre, Ken's Artisan Pizza, Bamboo, and Crema to name a few. It's an easy cruise downtown - 5 minutes by car or less than 10 by bike. You could even walk!
The house is a 100 year old classic Portland Foursquare, two story duplex. The upstairs apartment has 2 comfortable, cozy bedrooms - the Master bedroom has a plush Queen bed and a large window facing east to see the sun rise. The second bedroom is smaller with a comfortable Queen bed and small closet.
There is an office, a small bathroom with a clawfoot tub, a spacious kitchen, and a very comfortable living room with an expansive library, plenty of seating, and large windows looking out towards Ankeny Street.
The house has a shared washer and dryer in the basement. It's a great house in a terrific location and the downstairs apartment is occupied by lovely long term tenants - a young couple in their late 20's and their quiet dog.
This has been our home for 8 years and we would like to be able to share it. A fascinating piece of information about this house is that every set of tenants that we've had over the 8 years have ended up finding their true love and have gotten married while living in the house.
The kitchen appliances, dishes and pots and pans, and all house linens are available for use. The house will be thoroughly clean before you arrive. Full or partial cleaning service is available during your stay for an additional charge.
Street parking is plentiful.
PLEASE NOTE: This house is not a good choice for persons who have difficulty climbing or descending stairs. This house has 2 respectful occupants and a quiet dog in the downstairs apartment.
*We expect that guests will treat the space with respect and honor the quiet hours between 10pm-7am as our tenants do.
** Inquiries are welcomed; however please be aware that the house will be marketed as available until payment is made.
The house is a duplex and this is the upper apartment. You have access to all 6 rooms in the house.
We will not be personally available during your stay but we have tenants who may be able to assist and a property manager that can assist in person if necessary.
We may be biased but we believe that Buckman is the best neighborhood in Portland. We are just one block south of Burnside, a major artery that divides Portland into North and South. Our house sits on a bike boulevard so is very bike and pedestrian friendly. Anything and everything that you need is within walking distance from the house and you can easily walk, ride, bus, or Uber to downtown in a matter of minutes. There are parks all around, places to run dogs, and, during the winter, one of our favorite places to have a membership is the Everett House, which has saunas, a jacuzzi, float tanks, and spa services. Sauna access is essential in the Portland winter!
Because we are one block south of Burnside, we are extremely close to several bus lines. Bikes are a no-brainer. Car 2 Go is common in our neighborhood.
The shared washer/dryer lives in the basement. If you choose to rent a bike for your stay from a local bikeshop, there is plenty of storage in the basement for it.
1. SMOKING. NO SMOKING inside.
2. PETS. A dog may be allowed but will require notification and referrals.
4. SHOES. Please remove your shoes inside. There is carpeting in most of the house.
5. CLEANING FEE. Tenant shall pay a non-refundable cleaning fee in addition to rent and security deposit.
6. LOCK DOORS & WINDOWS. Please make sure the doors and windows are locked when you leave the house.
7. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included.
8. STEALING. It ain't right. Missing items = lose your deposit.
9. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. This includes false or misleading statements about the age and/or number of guests who will be staying at the property.
11. FOOD - Some cooking stuff is located in the kitchen. Please help yourself to useful spices etc. IF you found you used large amounts of things please replace them.
12. TRASH – Trash service comes every 2nd and 4th Monday. Please put the trashcan, green compost roll cart, and blue recycling can at the curb in front of the house Sunday night. Tenant will be responsible for any charges incurred for trash removal aside from the weekly service provided on trash days. I'll send email reminders, and thanks in advance.
13. NO PARTIES. No more then 4 people max are allowed in the house at any time unless prior arrangements have been made with the owners, and written consent is given.
We are a married couple who lives in Portland and run LifeCycle Adventures - a bicycle touring company. My husband is a cyclist and I love salsa dancing and hiking. We like to travel together and enjoy life to the fullest. :)
One of the things we enjoy doing is going to a local coffee shop for a morning latte. There are so many outstanding coffee roasters in Portland!