This is a traditional type self contained New Zealand sleep out.
Main area measures approximately 5 metres by 3 metres plus small bathroom 2.4 metres by 0.9 metres.
For people not able to viualize dimensions similar in size to a large caravan.
The good bits:
The accommodation is fully self contained and you will have your own key, so you can come and go as you please.
If you just want a base to stay in a very quiet area whilst enjoying all Nelson has to offer and can manage without some of the mod cons for a while then this could be for you
The not so good:
If you are looking for mod con's it is definitely not for you.
I doubt that you will be cooking anything too ambitious on the stove but it does contain a small grill and oven as well as two hotplates. (as can be seen in photo) There is also the small microwave.
Servicios y zonas comunes
The garden isn't up to much but you may access any part of it below the house.
Atención a los huéspedes
We will be happy to help with any information you may require, also any problems that may occur.
If there is anything you are unhappy about please let us know.
Otros aspectos destacables
I have tried to be as honest as possible in describing the accommodation, but apparently some people expect what it is not. I think basic backpacker type best describes it, and believe it compares favourably with similar accommodation of its type in Nelson.
Things people have whined about in the past.
1. It is located near the top of a steep hill. (approximately 100 metres above sea level.)
2. You have to walk about 50 metres down a concrete path with steps to access it.
3. The lighting down the side of the house is poor.
4. The house needs renovating.
5. The accommodation is basic.
6. The bed was hard and not enough pillows. (its a slat bed)
7. The fridge made a noise.
8. The wifi is poor, (we now have fibre but I haven't noticed much difference)
9. Ants in the accommodation (we put powder down, but can't guarantee you wont see any)
10. Noise from above. (we try to be quiet but the accommodation is located below our lounge)
If you are the type of person who thinks any of the above may be problematic to you, don't book with us.
This is a quiet area so excessive noise is not going to be appreciated.
No smoking is allowed inside.
Moderate alcohol use is OK.