Aparecerán sugerencias al escribir el texto de búsqueda. Utiliza las flechas hacia arriba y hacia abajo para consultarlas. Pulsa Intro para seleccionar. Si la selección es una frase, esa frase se introducirá en el buscador. Si la sugerencia es un enlace, el navegador accederá a esa página.

State College, Pensilvania, Estados Unidos

When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to provide some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in State College, PA. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. We’ll continue to update this information as more becomes available. If you have questions, you can visit the State College’s rental housing permit site, review the ordinance, contact agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.

Short-term rental regulations

All Hosts in State College, PA are required to obtain a license to host short-term stays (fewer than seven nights). Hosts are responsible for paying the 6% state hotel tax and the 5% hotel tax levied by Centre County, PA. More information on the county hotel tax can be found here.

A few listing types are exempt from registering as short-term rentals:

  • Hotels and motels
  • Long-term stay listings

Step 1: Check your eligibility

  • Property owners and tenants may short-term rent their primary residences. A primary residence is a dwelling unit in which the owner or tenant resides for eight months out of the year. Hosts don’t have to be present during reservations.
  • If a tenant is renting their unit, they may have to provide proof of landlord/owner approval during the application process.
  • Hosts must provide off-street parking.

Step 2: Applying for a short-term rental license

  • To apply for a short-term rental license, please visit the Borough’s website to download the form. You may mail the application in or drop it off in person.
  • The fee for a license is $300.
  • Some documents that may be required in the application process:
    • Name, address, phone number, and email address of the Person in Charge (PIC) that is located within 25 miles of the short term rental.
    • Certification that the property is the principal residence of either the owner or one tenant of the property.
    • Proof of homestead exemption (if applicable)
    • Proof of landlord/Owner approval

Step 3: Add your registration number to your listing

Renewing your registration

Hosts need to renew their licenses annually. Licenses expire one year from the date they are issued. Evidence of principal residency (minimum eight months per year) may be required.

Hosting limits

Hosts may only short-term rent their primary residence and must live in the home for eight months out of the year. Hosts may list their home as an entire home rental during the remaining four months or 120 days that year.


  • First offense: failure to register a property within 30 days of being offered for short-term rental will result in a warning for the first offense.
  • Second offense: If a second offense occurs after 14 days or longer from the initial warning violation, a fine between $100 and $300 will be issued.
  • Each day will be considered a separate offense until the violation is addressed.

Other contracts and rules

As a host, you need to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, including leases, co-op rules, HOA rules, or other rules established by tenant organizations. You should be able to find out more by contacting your housing authority (such as a community council) or landlord. Your lease (or other contract) might also have specific details.

Our commitment to your community

We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.

¿Este artículo te ha resultado útil?
Consigue ayuda con tus reservas, tu cuenta y mucho más.
Inicia sesión o regístrate